MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-02-07) (1 Viewer)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The weekly snapshot links posted in the forum are builds that are ready for testing. TeamCity is the same branch of code but it is built every time there's a commit to GitHub, so may not be stable.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    morpheus_xx, when downloading this build it says it contains the trojan Win32/Gatrid.E!plock. MS Security Essentials does not allow the MP2-Setup.exe to run. The previous build is okay? Anybody else?

D

DiBS

morpheus_xx, when downloading this build it says it contains the trojan Win32/Gatrid.E!plock. MS Security Essentials does not allow the MP2-Setup.exe to run. The previous build is okay? Anybody else?
    The same here today.

andy_p

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed this version on one machine a few weeks ago, and it all went through fine. Today MS SCEP detects Win32/Gatrid.E!plock in the zip file I used.
    When I uploaded the zip and MP2-Setup.exe separately to virustotal, only Agnitum detected "Trojan.Shelma!" - results here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...543272067bdb3f9c1afd9a8f/analysis/1457903504/
    It sounds like a false detection, but it is very strange.

Mark Miller

March 21, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I just received the same virus warning from MSE on Windows 7 - I D/L and installed the previous snapshot w/o issue... so far... :)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think It'd be nice to get feedback about this - in time of drive-by-downloads that are Ransomware, I would not risk thinking about "false positives". I have several clients an a home server, all with samba shares, I'd rather not imagine what would happen...

By the way, the last "2 weekly" snapshot has been a while ;-)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can assure that the installers are clean and there is no malicious stuff inside.

When I uploaded the zip and MP2-Setup.exe separately to virustotal, only Agnitum detected "Trojan.Shelma!"
    If you google for the named "Trojan.Shelma" you will find a lot hits about false positives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom