MediaPortal always crashes at startup (1 Viewer)

NewTigger

August 16, 2009
I'm using MediaPortal on my windows Server 2012 already for quit some time.
Although it always reports that the OS is not supported (I do not use it as a TV server), everything worked fine.

Recently, I upgraded my server (also running MediaPortal 1.8.0) from Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2012R2.
Since then, MP will not startup anymore. It shows the GUI and loading some plugins (part of MP itself), but always crashes directly afterwards (logs at attached).

Does anyone know what is the reason for this, how can this be solved?

Thanx in advance for any help

Tmaniac

Portal Pro
May 20, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You are running MP on Win2k12r2?

Did you install the BDA drivers? (Server products don't have the media-base that client-os have)
When you look at your application log i see a directx error (Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D)

Don't know if BDA drivers help in running d3d applications but it's worth a shot?

NewTigger

August 16, 2009
Hi,

Thanx for the quick responses (but my reply is a little late).

Initially, I tried both solutions provided, without any success. I finally found the time to complete re-install my server to a clean version of Win 2012R2, also installing the BDA drivers as suggested. Now, it is running smooth again (without MP crashing).

What the actual root cause was, I do not know (related to upgrading from 2008R2 -> 2012 -> 2012R2?). But at least, it is working now.
Thanx for your recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom