Mediaportal and Older WIndows ... 2000 - XP (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    HI Team;
    Can you take a poll, about if Windows is used by communauty... for know if MP must "stop" devellopement from older Windows ...

Now, with all multimedia functionnality, Win 2000 and XP are obsolete as :
    - DXVA -> DXVA 2
    - Plug-N-Play
    - .net v4 -> .net 4.5 and newer
    ... and Win8 out ... 3 OS version from XP !

i speak about WMI support for Drives Detection ... all Devs don't have XP for test ...

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    Hmm XP is the best Windows ever. It's a shame that new blu-ray handler and custom dshowhelper is not compatible with it.
    And MP was basically .net 3.5 as I know so again no problems with XP.
    And what's wrong with DXVA1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi @el Filou Ok I understand, that not easy :( So for now ReClock is the best :)
    Hi @el Filou Ok I understand, that not easy :( So for now ReClock is the best :)
    Description of Change This branch will permit to have madVR renderer to MP1, thanks to Tourettes for this and Madshi. This branch...
    Replies
    Views
    I've just googled the heck out of this for a couple hours and not found much promising. I have an old eHome Infrared Transceiver I got with an old Hauppage PCI card, and am now running XP x64 bit. Just wondering what the current status of drivers with this is (windows is doing the old "not found / not compatible" trick). I've got...
    I've just googled the heck out of this for a couple hours and not found much promising. I have an old eHome Infrared Transceiver...
    I've just googled the heck out of this for a couple hours and not found much promising. I have an old eHome Infrared Transceiver...
    Replies
    Views
    [Removed] Glad you solved the problem... :)
    [Removed] Glad you solved the problem... :)
    Hi, i'm new here and to MP :) I have just built my HTPC, and am having troubles with Mediaportal. I have installed Windows XP...
    Replies
    Views
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to how we record tv shows without recording reruns? I know this is probably very basic but anywhere I post on the forum on this is met with a deafening silence. I am sure Mediaportal can do this easily since...
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to...
    I've been using MediaPortal for a few months, when I first took the plunge I struggled with understanding how to configure...
    Replies
    Views
    Hallo Leute, Habe ein Problem mit den Filtern. Seitdem ich auf meinem HTPC SAF v4.00 installiert habe funktioniert bei mir ein Spiel nicht mehr, was ich gerne mit Kollegen zocke. Es handelt sich dabei um "MASHED" und beim Start kommt folgende Fehlermeldung (siehe Abb.). Vor der Installation funktionierte es noch. Hatte vorher die...
    Hallo Leute, Habe ein Problem mit den Filtern. Seitdem ich auf meinem HTPC SAF v4.00 installiert habe funktioniert bei mir ein...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Einführung...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom