MediaPortal appears "blocky" with no images (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0.RC2
MediaPortal Skin: blueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP Media Center Edition
CPU Type: Intel Celeron 1.5ghz
HDD:
Memory: 320mb
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: onboard Intel 82810e
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:Ligos MPEG Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I recently had my HTPC MotherBoard go bad, and have to temporarily use an older PC until the MB is replaced. MediaPortal was working perfectly in the old PC (AMD 3200+ 2.1ghz, 1gig RAM, ATI9800). I took out the HD and placed it in the older PC (Intel Celeron 1.2ghz, 320meg RAM, onboard video/ Intel 82810e).

Windows appears to be working fine, and I have an HD card that is also still working fine. Media Player Classic works fine as does Windows Media Player on my MPG files. However mediaPortal does not. When starting MediaPortal the display is all "blocky" for lack of better words. no graphic images, just colored blocks where they should be. when accessing sub-menu's (ie My Videos) there is 1-2 seconds where the screen goes black, then the next menu appears - again all blocks. AND, now when I attempt to play a video (using the internal video player) the video will start and display for about a second or 2 then the screen will go black. I am still able to STOP the video, and the display will retunr to the blocky sub-menu. MediaPortal itself seems to be working, just the display is bad and the videos wont display as they play.

I have already turned off POST-PROCESSING for the videos but it didnt make a difference

Patrick

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't look it up by I doubt the intel gfx can deliver all DX9 functionality MP needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom