MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sounds good :) Will the channel mixer allow for on-the-fly changing from 5.1 to mixed-to-stereo by the user? If so, that would be awesome and save having to mess around with ARC and ffdshow profiles.

Currently there is no plans to add on-the-fly changes as it is quite small amount of peopel who would actually benefit from such and it is not a small thing to do (althou the pipeline architecture allows it to be implemented in the future).

It will be possible to switch the 5.1 to stereo by changing one registry value between different video files - it might be enough for some use cases (it would require some plugin or remote command to access the registry...).

Well that's on-the-fly enough for me ;)

I don't think it really matters whether it can be changed whilst the movie is playing, only that it can be switched with the remote from within MP. Even if the user starts the movie in the wrong mode, they can easily stop it and switch mode and resume/restart. Having said that, if it were possible to display an OSD when switching mode, then such mistakes could be avoided by just toggling the mode with the remote before starting a movie, to check it's in the required mode, which would be less hassle than having to stop the movie.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I'm not sure if my issue is with MP Audio Renderer, tswriter or tsreader - so please move to the correct location.

I am running 1.2.2 (custom SVN for Sky EPG), with MP Audio Renderer, with PDVD12 and LAV audio 0.49

Occassionally I am witnessing audio sync issues while watching a channel

It appears I get a blip with bad continuity on tswriter (not sure why), which manifests itself in tsreader, and then finally in MPAR.

My issue is that the blip does not recover itself and remains out of sync until I manually change channel/shift.

I have attached my logs... the issue happens at 19:34

Thanks,

J.

Attachments

• Mediaportal.zip
      34.9 KB
    • Mediaportal_TVServer.zip
      62.8 KB

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Waiting patiently for the stereo downmix feature.

LAV Audio is unable to downmix and if i use wasapi mode i am bypassing the windows mixer..... my tv only supports stereo.

Thanx for your work and time.:)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Kotik, you've probably already considered this but whilst you're waiting could you either use FFDshow instead of LAV Audio, or use FFDShow as a post-process just for the mixer?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Kotik, you've probably already considered this but whilst you're waiting could you either use FFDshow instead of LAV Audio, or use FFDShow as a post-process just for the mixer?

If he is testing the native Blu-ray support then using something else than LAV audio decoder is a bad idea. Not sure if he is, but to save him from some extra trouble :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Waiting patiently for the stereo downmix feature.

LAV Audio is unable to downmix and if i use wasapi mode i am bypassing the windows mixer..... my tv only supports stereo.

If nothing extra jumps up the initial pubic test version should be available in quite near future.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi there,

I'm not sure if my issue is with MP Audio Renderer, tswriter or tsreader - so please move to the correct location.

I am running 1.2.2 (custom SVN for Sky EPG), with MP Audio Renderer, with PDVD12 and LAV audio 0.49

Occassionally I am witnessing audio sync issues while watching a channel

It appears I get a blip with bad continuity on tswriter (not sure why), which manifests itself in tsreader, and then finally in MPAR.

My issue is that the blip does not recover itself and remains out of sync until I manually change channel/shift.

I have attached my logs... the issue happens at 19:34

Most likely it is an issue with both MPAR and TsReader. Could you try to generate a recording that shows up the issue? I could then test it against the new code (there are some upcoming TsReader changes as well - thanks for Tony).

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

I want to avoid ffdshow all together:)

I really like LAV and really hate ffdshow:)

Like i said i got patience so i will wait till either Tourettes or Nev implement a proper down-mixing.

Thanx once again for the reply.

Happy coding:)

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I cannot seem to get WASAPI to work with live tv or .ts files. All other files work and I get AC3 encoding, but whenever the file is .ts I get reverted to DirectSound with 2.0 audio (spdif with no AC3). Any idea what might be causing the problem?

Logs attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom