MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (3 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    23.976 as 24 is quite big difference, so I'm not sure if the v-sync correction calculations would be able to correct such big difference (in reference clock side the difference is big :)). V-sync correction is targeted for example for HW errors like 23.976 as 23.972 (or for case where audio clock is a bit faster / slowed). Which basicly means that the bias control should be accurate as possible, so I would assume that those are way too big differences.

Isn't the video decoder providing proper sample durations that could be used to detect the real incoming rate?

It's a nice idea, but I've seen situations where the sample durations don't match the sample timestamp deltas.....you could regard those as 'broken' files (or decoders), but red5goahead's example is also a 'broken' file, so which set of FPS values do you trust ;) ?

Tony

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Couldn't we do a linear regression on the timestamps (like we do to determine refresh rate) to have a better eastimate FPS?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Tourettes, i have a question. I have one problem with playing movies on my system that keeps bothering me for a long time now. Sometimes and completely random in a movie the movie starts to shake random. Not a continous stutter but it looks like more like shaking.
    If i watch the stats screen with shift+1 then it looks like the red, green and yellow line are moving not fluently together. All three are stuttering at the same time and there is no distortion on the colored lines. It just shakes. Sometimes big shakes and sometimes smaller and after a few minutes it's gone again.
    I cannot relate this to a problem with mpaudiorenderer specificaly but maybe it's related and you can watch the logs i attach for some clue.
    You can see that i start the movie at 17-03-2012 17:33:54.540 and it instantly happens so i captured all logs.

B.T.W. I'm a advanced MP user and the problem is visible with multiple/all codecs, if i have to post it elsewhere i will.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hello Tourettes, i have a question. I have one problem with playing movies on my system that keeps bothering me for a long time now. Sometimes and completely random in a movie the movie starts to shake random. Not a continous stutter but it looks like more like shaking.
    If i watch the stats screen with shift+1 then it looks like the red, green and yellow line are moving not fluently together. All three are stuttering at the same time and there is no distortion on the colored lines. It just shakes. Sometimes big shakes and sometimes smaller and after a few minutes it's gone again.
    I cannot relate this to a problem with mpaudiorenderer specificaly but maybe it's related and you can watch the logs i attach for some clue.
    You can see that i start the movie at 17-03-2012 17:33:54.540 and it instantly happens so i captured all logs.

EVR log is clean, there is no sight of dropped frames. I have had similar behavior with the 0.92 version of EVR presenter (actually anything later than 0.55 is quite bad on the HTPC with NVdia GT9500). So I would recommend to try other dshowhelper.dll versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom