MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (4 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is this a symptom which is related to what you guys are discussing? Is there anything I can do? e.g. do you need some logfiles and if yes which ones? Can you point me to some background info?

I am really not too lazy to read but simply - as said before - lost... can anybody, please, bring me back "on track".

Your issue is not related to the topic in this thread.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...fter-watching-live-tv-long-period-time-84392/ thread has some discussion, but no real solution.

rene.z

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello tourettes,

thx for pointing me into the "right" direction... at least the other thread shows that other users seem to hava similar problems :-(

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    New revision is up. Hopefully there isn't any bigger new issues after this so we could move into the multichannel & AC3 re-encoding area.

• Audio render will not render the few last seconds of the audio (depending on the video container / muxing parameters used) - fixed in SVN, will be included in the next version
    • FLAC audio in MKV could cause buffer underruns when time stretching is enabled
    • Disabled audio clock fine tuning when refresh rate and source material doesn't match 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3 (even after possible speed up / slow down)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    what about donations??? I'm going for holidays in couple of days, so I have to do it now :)

We have decided that the donations would be best to be handled thru the normal MP donations. So, if you feel like you would want to help the progress of the AC3 / multichannel you are welcome to make a small donation.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Would it also be possible to integrate volume control with WASAPI-mode on?

Using the FFDShow audio decoder it should be possible to control the volume during the playback.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A good choice could be the Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System . On ebay you can buy it with 250€.
    This only accepts SPDIF though doesn't it? (so no HD audio or LPCM via HDMI)

There is an Onkyo setup which is similar but has HDMI input ONKYO HTX22HDX
    but I would be tempted to test on a real amp (as you are never sure how these integrated things actually work)

ONKYO TXSR308 is £220 and is probably the cheapest amp that supports HD audio and LPCM (as well as SPDIF) and would be enough for testing as you can see what inputs are being received etc. In real world use though you would need some speakers which obviously add to the cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom