MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tourettes, can you give an indication of when multiple channel audio support will be added? When this is done I will be more then happy to test. Thanks!

...when its done, depends highly on the free time we have and how much obstacles there will be (I'm sure there will be few major at least). Testing the currently released version will help us to release the test version with multichannel support faster since it will allow us to fix the issues with more ease since there will be less code that needs to be checked.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1:1 matching is not possbile for my hw so I can't test it.

Could you test with default settings and some PAL sourced material? Hopefully at least that will play nicely. Resampling code is still used constantly, even if the audio result would be 1:1, this comes from the fact that if vsync adjustments needs to be done we need to have continuous data buffered on the SoundTouch library side or otherwise there will be clicks or pops. So, it cannot be turned off for even 1:1 material if we are wanting to have an ability to touch the audio stream even briefly.

1) The issue is for all files I've tested. Remember I've a lot of experience with reclock. The cpu is loaded about for 40%.

In that case sounds like it is somehow related to the HW configuration (triggering the bug in audio renderer). Too bad since it will be really hard to debug such.

2) With EnableTimestretching =0 the issue is gone away. But no speedup is performed so I believe is not meaningful

It gives some clues, something goes wrong with the audio resampling. CPU could be getting too high spike usage (althou audio renderer should show dropped samples) or some other nasty issue in the resampling.

3) with UseThreadsForResampling=0 the speedup is performed but I've no audio .

I need to check this one and fix it. At least the audio was not acting weird in this case :D

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    1) The issue is for all files I've tested. Remember I've a lot of experience with reclock. The cpu is loaded about for 40%.

In that case sounds like it is somehow related to the HW configuration (triggering the bug in audio renderer). Too bad since it will be really hard to debug such.

Waiting for other users cases, go straight to the point . Reclock work fine... sorry ;)

3) with UseThreadsForResampling=0 the speedup is performed but I've no audio .

I need to check this one and fix it. At least the audio was not acting weird in this case :D

Off course.. :D

I'll try other audio decoder such as Ac3 filter. But ffdshow used by me should be a good choice

For the first question I'll try later a 25 fps material but on a 50 HZ or 75 HZ refresh rate (1:2 and 1:3 ratio, no way for the 1:1 ).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Waiting for other users cases, go straight to the point . Reclock work fine... sorry ;)

That won't help the development at all. When testing something that is in beta phase, please be willing to do the requested testing otherwise it will be wasting the developer's time. If you aren't willing to test more you shouldn't be testing in the first place (at least not reporting since it will just eat my free time). Thanks for understanding.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    For the first question I'll try later a 25 fps material but on a 50 HZ or 75 HZ refresh rate (1:2 and 1:3 ratio, no way for the 1:1 ).

1:2 should be fine enough since there is no difference from audio renderer's point of view if the Hz vs. fps match is 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

That won't help the development at all. When testing something that is in beta phase, please be willing to do the requested testing otherwise it will be wasting the developer's time. If you aren't willing to test more you shouldn't be testing in the first place (at least not reporting since it will just eat my free time). Thanks for understanding.

I'm joking tourettes ;) I 've tested immediately yesterday the new audio renderer because really I believe a new open source renderer is very important. Glad to keep testing to reach the goal.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I'm joking tourettes ;) I 've tested immediately yesterday the new audio renderer because really I believe a new open source renderer is very important. Glad to keep testing to reach the goal.

Thanks for helping. I think having our own audio renderer of capable in things that Reclock is needed for few reasons:

• We don't know how long Slysoft / James is keeping with the development (they wont get any money out of reclock and developing it costs money. Also James has sounded already few times like he would stop developing Reclock any further...)
    • Reclock doesn't allow interaction between the EVR presenter and itself. This is important to get the most of the Owlsroost's EVR presenter implementation when it goes to the video playback quality.
    • Reclock doesn't work nicely with live tv. With our own audio renderer implementation we are at least in a bit better position to make the live tv to work with vsync position correction (this will of course be limited by the fact that live tv cannot buffer unlimited number of seconds if A/V is clocks are drifting greatly. Of cource you should throw such HW already into the garbage...)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a simple question:
    I dont see the graphs below the refreshrate info when i press shift+1. Am i doing something wrong?

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tourettes, thanks for your answer. I have installed the beta version and have tested it on many of my MKVs.
    The only time I get framedrops is when I start a file in Mediaportal or when I skip or pause a movie and then continue. During the playback itself I have no framedrops.

Is there any specific testing you like to be done?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just a simple question:
    I dont see the graphs below the refreshrate info when i press shift+1. Am i doing something wrong?

Could you post system information? Sounds like it could be some bug or resource limitation in the EVR presenter code. It cannot be an user error if you see at least something in the stats OSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom