Not open for further replies.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As a user it's hard for me to understand how the resolution could let the sound vanish but here's what I'm going to do:
    1. trying the coreavc codec (mainly because of the stuttering)
    if the stuttering persists:
    2. buying a discrete graphic card for the second screen
    I've already tried giving more RAM for the GPU as well as overclocking it a bit but unfortunately that did not work.
    And my tv is capable of displaying 50Hz.
    The reason why I would like to stay with mpar is that it lets change the channels quite fast but if all the above didn't
    help I will then disable mpar for live tv.

Thanks for your help so far, I will keep you informed but I won't have the time to try all this before the weekend.

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I see the misunderstanding now. MPAR changes the "speed" of the audio and the clock that the video is rendered on to match the frequency of your television screen so that a video frame is displayed on every vertical refresh of your TV. In your case your television runs at slightly over 50Hz, so the rendering clock speed is increased by a few 1/10ths of a percent (this is what will cause the live TV buffer to run out over time). MPAR will not help with channel change times, it's job is to resample the audio so that the audio runs at the same speed that the clock is running at. Screens rarely run at exactly the speed they are supposed to, yours is just over 50Hz - one of mine runs at 52Hz (which means live TV breaks within seconds) and on it NTSC material is sped up by 8% to make it match the screen refresh: on it a 1hr 40 minute movie finishes in 1 hr 32 minutes (I haven't actually seen one worse than mine).

It's this extra work which puts a strain on the system, an in Live TV use case it also requires more of a buffer to resample the audio.

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does the last explain how the resolution could breake the sound?
    I'm afraid I still don't get how the vanishing sound is related to the screen
    resolution but that's alright. I will try what I've said and see if at least the
    stuttering goes away...

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems as I don't have any other chance than buying a discrete graphic card but for the time being I disabled
    my second screen, don't have any issues with stuttering what so ever but still the sound vanishes when
    changing to some channels.
    Don't know if you want to refer to this as a bug...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    don't have any issues with stuttering what so ever but still the sound vanishes when
    changing to some channels.

Next version of MPAR (still work in progress) will have improved timeline handling among the other changes - after we have it ready for public testing there will be a new thread on Area 51.

Don't know if you want to refer to this as a bug...

Sure it is a bug.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'll close this thread since audio renderer is now part of the MP release (1.3.0):

• Any audio renderer bugs should be reported in a separate threads, just like other bugs have been handled during the years
    • Any new audio renderer development / public testing will take place in new thread(s)

Big thanks for everyone who has been testing the audio renderer during the development time - wihout your help it wouldn't have been possible to have it included in MediaPortal release.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom