Not open for further replies.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Although this thread is marked as finished I would like to adress the problems I am having with the audio renderer here.
    One of them is that I encounter stutter when watching live tv or recorded tv, especially non hd channels.
    (in my opinion this is related to the fact that my Intel HD 2000 has to power two displays which seems to be too much;
    however I have noticed that the intensity of the stuttering changes with what's been set up in the audio codec and audio device section)
    So my first question is if there is something that I can set up differentely in the config to have my system running smoother without stutter.
    The second question is related to one thing that I only encounter when using mp audio renderer which is documented in the logs
    around 23:00 tonight. When zapping through the channels I sometimes end up having no sound on some channels. Stopping
    live tv completely and restart it will then bring the sound back.

I attached the logs but somehow the audio renderer log does not cover the time from around 20:50 to 23:00 with the recorded tv show
    that was displayed with quite severe stutter. I hope the other logs can help.

Thanks in advance,
    Rico

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HD2000 is a really weak GPU and not great for deinterlacing 1080i live ts stream at the same time as running mediaportal.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know that this GPU is not the strongest but it's well capable of playing every common video format as longs as it does not have to power
    a second display. Although I have almost accepted to buy a discrete graphic card for the second screen I don't want to spare no effort
    to get both displays running smoothly. That's why I asked if there is anything I can change in my settings to relieve the system a bit.
    (by the way it happens when playing 576i not 1080i)
    And the second problem is independend from the second screen anyway...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...but it's well capable of playing every common video format as longs as it does not have to power
    a second display.
    Probably all Progressive videos instead of the above mentioned Interlaced video. You can't compare the 2 since Interlaced needs WAY more power. That in combination with the Audio Renderer (which also consumes more power then a DirectSound Renderer) explains your stuttering.

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HomeY: have you spotted something that would explain the broken sound on zapping channels?
    @kiwijunglist: sorry that's obsolet, I bought this card to check if that could solve my problem but it turned out that
    it was even worse than the HD2000 (I got the card with a 32bit interface instead of a 64bit interface so I sent
    it back after realizing how useless this was; I will have another go then and will see what power efficient card I am going to pick next)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well I would suggest you try coreavc with software (cpu) decoding, as I think your i3-2100 should be fast enough for that. If buying a new ATI card I'd recommend HD7750, although I'm not sure which is better with multimonitor - nvidia vs ati and I can't guarantee that a good video card would deinterlace well on multimonitors anyway :D

(I recommended coreAVC as back in the day it was the least cpu intensive software decoder, I'm not sure if this is still the case or not)

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    HD2000 is a really weak GPU and not great for deinterlacing 1080i live ts stream at the same time as running mediaportal.
    Works fine here with 1080i streams on my bedroom HTPC but not using MPAR which I think will be too much.

As for WASAPI for music have a look at the area 51 forum section. There is a test build there including WASAPI support in music

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good point, I will try coreavc since I've got a license anyway. I used to have a nvidia card and did not realize that using coreavc
    on other paltforms would make sense. And if I came to the conclusion that nothing works but to buy a discrete card
    it would then be for the second screen only anyway. So no need to deinterlace two screens.
    Probably all Progressive videos instead of the above mentioned Interlaced video. You can't compare the 2 since Interlaced needs WAY more power.
    Again: the HD 2000 works fine on all formats as longs as there is only one display.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Again: the HD 2000 works fine on all formats as longs as there is only one display.
    Well, that answers your question than, doesn't it? The dual-monitor setup + the low end card explains.

I did have a look @ your Audio Rendere log and that is showing errors i can't explain. Maybe @tourettes can explain what happens
    02-02-2013 23:02:11.344 [ 1338] CWASAPIRenderFilter::Render thread - starting up - thread ID: 4920
    02-02-2013 23:02:11.354 [ 1338] WASAPIRenderFilter::confused:tartAudioClient
    02-02-2013 23:02:11.354 [ 1338] start failed (0x88890001)
    02-02-2013 23:02:11.354 [ 1338] CWASAPIRenderFilter::Render thread Error, starting audio client failed: (0x88890001)
    02-02-2013 23:02:11.354 [ 1338] CWASAPIRenderFilter::Render thread - closing down - thread ID: 4920[/code]
    Audio Client doesn't seem initialized.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom