MediaPortal BlueRay Playback only works in Window mode v/s full screen?? (1 Viewer)

KeyMix

Portal Member
April 28, 2009
Dallas, GA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Team,

I've been a long term user of MediaPoral, I hardly have to post b/c I try very hard not to post things if the answers are already here in the Forum. Most of the time, I get my issue resolved by doing that. However, after lots of reading and tweaking video drivers, codecs, etc. I finally singled out my issue with the MediaPlayer internal BlueRay Playback.

No matter what I do, if I launch MediaPortal in the normal full screen mode, and go launch an .iso for BluRay, using Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.5, mounts iso wiht no issue, brings up the context menu to play menu, chapter, all titles. I can choose any of the options and the program just sits, if I look at task manager, the program is processing ( not locked up), CPU usage is fine 25%, but the video never shows on the screen or never plays.

If I launch MediaPortal, then hit ALT - ENTER, to switch to window mode, and repeat the exact same steps above, with same .iso, it brings up the context menu, I can press option 1, menu, and it plays the movie , full menus, no issue, just not in the full screen. If I while still in window mode go back to home screen, it shows the blueray playback window visiable able plays video still no issue, as soon as I hit ALT Enter ( while in home screen, / movie playing, MP crashes. ) I can stop movie in window mode, then hit ALT Enter to goto full screen, then immediately try to replay, nothing happens.

So I know it's not CPU, Codes issues, etc, why would this behave this way? Any ideas?

I can post logs but I wanted to make sure this wasn't something already known or a simple config.

KeyMix

Portal Member
April 28, 2009
Dallas, GA
Home Country
Any reason why no one has commented? Does this mean that I am the only that is reporting this issue?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello KeyMix

Any reason why no one has commented? Does this mean that I am the only that is reporting this issue?

It is possible that you're the only person...

I can post logs but I wanted to make sure this wasn't something already known or a simple config.
    ...but this is probably the bigger problem.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just post logs up-front. Nobody can offer you really solid advice unless you provide the information that enables them to properly diagnose the problem! By not posting logs, you're effectively cutting your chances of getting any response to "slim-to-none". ;)

The watchdog makes grabbing logs so easy, so I suggest you make it a habit to post logs every time you want help.
    For anybody reading this thread that doesn't know:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Summary: post logs and I'm sure people will chime in.

mm

KeyMix

Portal Member
    April 28, 2009
    Dallas, GA
    Home Country
    My apologies. See attached. This the logs posted per following your link . These is the logs in which I launched in full screen for BlueRay and nothing happens after selecting menu/or Track. Do I also need to post logs for the other scenario in which I stated earlier? I can get playback to work if I ALT Enter MediaPortal to windowed mode, then after selecting the blueray it plays and shows movie fine.

KeyMix

Portal Member
    April 28, 2009
    Dallas, GA
    Home Country
    Here's the logs when the blueray playback works in windowed mode. I ran debug mode, played the movie, switch to home and fullscreen in the "windowed mode", then simply exited MediaPortal. Exported those logs attached in this reply. Hope that helps anyone.[DOUBLEPOST=1369538945][/DOUBLEPOST]forgot to attach (n)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again KeyMix

First, thanks for the logs! :)

What I see in the first set is this:
    2013-05-25 22:42:16.531250 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: D3D: BuildPresentParamsFromSettings using 60Hz as RefreshRate
    2013-05-25 22:42:16.546875 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: D3D: Switch to exclusive mode failed - Error in the application.
    -2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Reset(PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.SwitchFullScreenOrWindowed(Boolean bWindowed)
    2013-05-25 22:42:16.562500 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: D3D: mode failed - Error in the application.
    -2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Reset(PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.SwitchFullScreenOrWindowed(Boolean bWindowed)

The frame rate of the BD that you're playing is 23.976 fps.
    60 != 23.976 ... so you should probably be using dynamic refresh rate changing in order to make this work.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortal/Configuration/General/RefreshRate

Let us know if that makes a difference.

mm

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Windows XP <-- Blu-ray support has not tested on that platform and based on the logs it wont work :) There is at least known issue with 1.3.0 and DVB subtitles and the Blu-ray is sharing that part of code for the OSD drawing.

You could try with pre 1.4.0 public test build if it works, but officially XP is not having Blu-ray support.

KeyMix

Portal Member
    April 28, 2009
    Dallas, GA
    Home Country
    Thanks All.

mm1352000
    I did enable the Dynamic Refresh Rate as you indicated above. It did work for one movie, I actually kept trying different ones. Now I get the following logs. Based on tourettes feeback looks like it's not support so I forced one to work but not another. Wonder why it works like a champ in Window mode thought. For proper posting :giggle: , I attached the current logs after I endable the DRF its now hard crashing per the attached.

tourettes
    I'll try to load 1.4 BETA to test. I am always game for that. Sorry bout my ole platform, but it works :) most of the time.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I still see the same issues with refresh rate matching, and the same switch to exclusive mode exception.

This is new.
    2013-05-29 21:39:12.828125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BDPlayer: CurrentStreamInfo() failed.

...as is this. Maybe because the audio codec was not connected?
    29-05-2013 21:39:44.484 [ 838]aud: FillBuffer exception ...

...but it works :) most of the time.
    Heh, I use XP too, and I agree. :)

MP 1.4 PR may or may not help. At the end of the day you're going to get better support if you upgrade the OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom