MediaPortal Configuration crashing (1 Viewer)

February 25, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well, I don't think I can post logs either... because my issue is gone. :)

In hopes of helping KeyMaker and/or others, here are things I did today:

- Noted 2 optional Windows updates, one of which was for NVIDIA 640, so I downloaded and installed both.

- That NVIDIA download (was listed as a Windows update) installed an 'update checker' (usually I'd have been annoyed by this) which indicated a new driver was available. I installed it.

- Started MP [1.7] in debug mode, awaiting BSOD... which never came. Exited MP and started it normally, and again it started up and appears to be working.

Yay!

Key, maybe you want to hear from the experts, but check on those optional Win updates. And if you have an NVIDIA card, maybe check on your driver? Although I don't know how that could stop config from running.

Best of luck, thanks to MP support staff.

If there's anything else I can do to help sort out what the issue was, let me know and I'm happy to assist.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @The_Keymaker
    I take it you've installed the pre-requisites like v3.5 and v4.0 of the .NET framework, the Visual C++ 2008 and 2010 redistributables, and the DirectX runtime?
    The installer should take care of those things... but might pay to check the list here:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal/requirements

Fundamentally MP should work on Windows 8 and 8.1.

The_Keymaker

Portal Member
    February 11, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello All,

I was finally able to get my MediaPortal client installation to work.

My solution was simply updating my Windows 8.0 installation. I tend to disable Windows updates after i get a working computer for fear that an "update" might break something.

I installed several megabytes of security fixes and .NET updates and patches. Unfortunately, since I installed numerous updates at once, I can't say which one or ones were responsible for the fix. I would assume it was one of the several .NET patches.

Hope this helps and thank you to all those that offered suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom