MediaPortal Configuration Won't Open. Error- Your Platform is not supported.... (1 Viewer)

bigems

March 17, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok so my Media Portal Software works perfectly fine and I'm using the StreamedMP skin.
The problem is since I've installed Service Pack 1 for my Windows 7 64-bit edition. Every time I try to run MP Configuration I get the following error.

Windows 7(Service Pack 1) [6.1.7601.65536]
Your Platform is not supported by MediaPortal Team because it lacks critical hotfixes!
Please check our Wiki's requirements page.

I've looked for this problem and other people have mentioned the same error but they say that they are still allowed to use the config software after they click ok. I, on the other hand, cannot open the config software AT ALL. Once again Media Portal works perfectly fine and I've updated to the newest version. I'm trying to change the folder tha media portal uses for my tv shows and I have not been able to do so, since I updated to SP1. HELP!

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU Type: AMD Phenom II X4 955
HDD: ummm i have like 4 hdds
Memory: 4 GB
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    I can tell you I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with SP1 and no issues. I bet you will hate what I suggest, but I would uninstall delete everything and start over (updates on anything seem to have issue most of the time)

Frankenberry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    I don't know if you have fixed your problem, but I was having the same problem also, for some reason my MediaPortal.exe and TvPlugin.dll from windows plugin folder and was still version 1.1.0.0 even though version check was 1.1.3. I didn't want to reinstall so I copied those 2 files from another computer in the house which had 1.1.3 installed correctly and replaced with the updated files and everything runs almost as expected now. I do still get the error screen, (which is why I'm still looking for answers to that) but at least I can enter the configuration menu.

bigems

March 17, 2011
    Home Country
    i have not yet fixed the problem and I only have one PC.... is there any other option besides deleting the whole thing??? the program works perfectly fine!! i just can't access the configuration!

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    I also get the MediaPortal Configuration Won't Open. Error- Your Platform is not supported. here is my log as stated.
    I can open the configuration and it does not seem to be causing any issues as i can tell as of yet.

Thanks,
    ccna55

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom