MediaPortal crash down at video playback (1 Viewer)

Dzino

Portal Member
March 14, 2010
Bratislava
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
I found problem (and also workaround how to fix) with MP stability after upgrade to MP to version 1.2.1 and Streamed MP to 1.7.3.

Last week I formated C: drive and reinstall HTPC from the scratch. Problem started after installation of StreamedMP - when MP crashed down at video playback. When I uninstalled StreamedMP and used Default Blue skin - everything worked perfectly. So problem is with something which is installed together with skin. I found on the other tread, that if MP 1.2.1 crash down, then at first InfoService needs to be disabled. So I did it, and now StreamedMP working without any problems (at least last 3 days).

To other users: So if there is problems StreamedMP stability, uncheck InfoService in installation wizzard.

To developers: Please check what can be reason of crashing - if it is problem with implementation to skin or in that plugin itself. I attaching also Log file. (I installed Czech localization of Win7 and text "Nedostatek pamati" in log file means Low memory - but I have 4GB memory what should be quite quite enough for MP)

Thanks.

P.S. Is there any other user who has same problem? I dont found any other info on the StreamedMP forum. Or this problem was caused with my WH change - installation of SSD Vertex 3 disk drive into HTPC and there some incompatibility with drivers?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I will move this to InfoService...possibly you found a memory leak in the InfoService plugin (the log file doesnt look good). Its definitely not a skin issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom