Mediaportal crashed unexpectedly, however I just closed it (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV-Server Version: TV Server 1 (1.0)
    MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal 1 (1.0)
    MediaPortal Skin: Xface 1.7 for MP1.0 final
    Windows Version: Windows Vista 32bit SP1
    CPU Type: Intel Core Duo E6600, @2.7Ghz
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint SATA2 500Gb
    Memory: 4x1Gb DDR2 800Mhz
    Motherboard: Abit fatal1ty I90HD
    Video Card: Gainward 4650 1024Mb DDR2
    Video Card Driver: CCC 8.12
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (on Board)
    Sound Card AC3: Realtek HD Audio (on Board)
    Sound Card Driver: 1.91
    1. TV Card: Digital everywhere FloppyDTV-C/CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP decoder(PDVD8)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter (SPDIF OUT)
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H264/AVC decoder (PDVD8)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo (8888, former Multikabel)
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion 430 silver
    Cooling: Antec tricooler/Scythe Mini Ninja
    Power Supply: Antec Fusion 430Watt
    Remote: Microsoft MCE RC6
    TV: JVC LCD LT32S60
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI @720P50Hz

Hi guys,

Not a biggy, but just a little anoying and weard.

Since I installed 1.0 final everytime I close mediaportal clicking the Off button with the mouse or TV button on the MCE remote, Mediaportal closes, and then a warning panel pops up that tells me "Mediaportal closed unexpectedly".. hmmm, that is not true, it was totally expected clicking such a button LOL :D

However, to make a log, I tried to start the mediaportal Debug mode, but that did not work, because then I got the warning some log (sorry dont remember which one) access is denied!.. Maybe these two thing have something to do with each other.

Attached log I made by starting mediaportal normally, watch a few seconds TV, and then close the TV, close mediaportal, warning comes, click warning away, click the create log button in the watchdog panel...

Something else is that most of the time happens ( not allways, but this time it happend so it should be in the log) is, when starting TV after starting mediaportal, it first cant find the channel (last channel used last time), choose another one in TV Guide and TV starts normally.

Suggestions to improve my system on these issues a bit are appreciated.

Thanks,

Lots

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Disable UAC and that does not happen any more, also any stuttering you may experience goes (only for first 2 minutes play and disappears on its own).

Discovered this when doing some testing requiring UAC enabled account, could not believe these 2 things happening, glad I use a full admin account for MP, otherwise i'd go nuts.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the quick replies guys, but what is UAC and how do I turn that off?

On my main HTPC I do not have stutter problems BTW, only on the laptop client, but I think that is a memory/GFX card problem

Will try disable the minidisplay plugin and let you know in a minute...

Lots

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you go into your user account, there is a option to turn User Account Control off.

This may be a plugin that triggers the crash, did not investigate to deeply, but the above did stop windows reporting it, and definately no side efects using MP.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok will ty that UAC as well...

But now I tried turning off the minidisplay plugin, and that seems to be the culprit, as when I turned it off the error stays away. I tried three times ebabled and dsabled and everytime the same.

Important to know then is that I installed a CyberDisplaymanager plugin in mediaportal version RC3 and worked fine (In RC4 I did not install the plugin, dont know if it was part of the base installation then). Now with the final version it is included in the base installation and brings this bug, from what I see in the configuration panel of the minidisplayplugin it is the same thing as I installed with RC3.

I have attached the CyberDisplayplugin installation file I used with RC3.

EDIT: It is not that the plugin doesnt work, it works great! Only with closing Mediaportal that weard error comes that Mediaportal closed Unexpectedly.

Thanks again!:D

Lots

Attachments

• CybrDisplayInstaller.782.mpi
      30.7 KB

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Turning of UAC helped to get rid of the bug AND keep the minidisplay..

BUT.. now I have internet problems! I cant get to my ISP now, other sites like this one works normally so this is a little strange. (I do everything from my HTPC, remote keyboard on my lap, mouse on the side, sitting in in my favorite chair surfing the internet on my TV).. Could be a coincidense, but will try UAC on again

I think it is a coincidense, as I also cant get to my ISP website on my laptop, all other sites seem to work normal. Also I cant get to the email server of my ISP. so there is something wrong there, not at my side.

Lots

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok will ty that UAC as well...

But now I tried turning off the minidisplay plugin, and that seems to be the culprit, as when I turned it off the error stays away. I tried three times ebabled and dsabled and everytime the same.

UAC want MP to run with admin rights in order to stop/start services.

I anyway fixed the exception in SVN21326.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom