MediaPortal Crashes After (and sometimes during) Video Playback. (1 Viewer)

MisterMander

Portal Member
September 1, 2009
I'm having a problem with MediaPortal 1.2.3. It is crashing (frozen screen, popup with "Mediaportal has encountered a problem and needs to close) either during video playback, or more often when a video has finished playing and it has returned to the Videos folder view. When it crashes during playback the audio loops for a few seconds then continues, with the screen frozen. There's no pattern in the files it crashes on, the same file will play perfectly on other occasions, and it happens with a range of types and lengths, different times of day and whether or not it has been in standby.

I've done a complete cleanup and reinstall of the .net frameworks and am on the latest graphics drivers. In fact this has happened with 2 separate graphics cards so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've even changed antivirus product in case that was linked.

This is happening at least once a day, but it cannot be reliably replicated. I'm hoping it's something straightforward that I've missed and someone more familiar with debugging MP will be able to pinpoint straightaway! :unsure:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The error log is showing the ffdshow audio decoder as not found. Try setting the LAV Audio decoder as audiorenderer in Videos section and try again.

MisterMander

Portal Member
    September 1, 2009
    Thanks for the reply - I reinstalled the LAV filters to latest version earlier and set to LAV Audio Decoder in the Videos section (I don't get the option to set it as Audio Renderer though). Tested it with a few videos, got the crash again, logs attached.

Portal Pro
    June 25, 2009
    Bruxelles
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello,

I think I've got the same problem: random crash after video playback. Sometimes after video playback via MP TV Series or MovingPictures or OnlineVideos.

I didn't find a way a way to reproduce it but I left MP runs for a while in debug mode and I finally get a crash and the attached logs.

But in both logs, I can't find any reason for this crash .

Does anyone still have the same issue ?

Thank you.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    you have something disabled in windows (eventlog service?), so it is impossible to see what component crashed inside MP:
    29/12/2012 17:53:00;"gupdate1c9e6eaa73966e4";"(0)";"Information";"The description for Event ID '0' in Source 'gupdate1c9e6eaa73966e4' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'Service started'";"0"
    29/12/2012 17:53:00;"gupdate1c9e6eaa73966e4";"(0)";"Information";"The description for Event ID '0' in Source 'gupdate1c9e6eaa73966e4' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'Service stopped'";"0"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom