MediaPortal.exe process hangs after upgrading to 1.4.0 Final (1 Viewer)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I have a problem with MediaPortal 1.4.0.

I've tried upgrade, but MediaPortal.exe freezes on startup. Not only that it freezes, it cannot be killed.
    Tried killing it with task manager. Tried taskkill.exe /f /im mediaportal.exe. Also tried using SysInternal's procexp.exe but process still hangs.

Had to do a full restart...

I also tried fresh install (I did leave the databases folder and the thumbs folder). This still happened.
    I also ran the MediaPortal in debug mode. Still hangs. Logs are attached.
    There's an exception regarding the TvService, but I don't think it's related since I did not have it installed in the 1.3.0 and in the first upgrade try. (After the fresh install, I did not configure the TvServer so the exception might be related to that.)

Anyway, there shouldn't be any reason that a process cannot be forcibly killed (unless it's driver related).

Thanks for your help,
    Yoav

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I think it's related to Nvidia drivers:

MP-hangs.jpg

I have a deja vu from one of the first MP versions, which had issues with ATI drivers after starting using a new .Net function. (see FAQ)

I use Nvidia card. Does anyone of the developers have the latest 320.18 WHQL Nvidia drivers?

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Solved. (kind of...)

One of the following did the trick:
    • Downgraded Nvidia drivers to 314.22 WHQL (after reading many post regarding issues with 320.18)
    • Fresh install of MediaPortal 1.4.0 without TV Server
    • Removed firewall rule for MediaPortal.exe and let it ask for permissions again (ESET) since it seems to be blocking it.
    I will try again to install TV server sometime since I will need it soon.

Hope this helps someone else.:)

Yoav

Last edited:

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    @yoavian: I also have NVidia 320.18 WHQL installed since some weeks now and no problems at all ;)

Thanks! I've downgraded it because people reporting it killed their GPU. even in the official forum. here too.[DOUBLEPOST=1371718552][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't think it's the reason to my problem though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom