Mediaportal exit issues (1 Viewer)

ShadowB123

Portal Member
December 14, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have noticed around Mediaportal version 1.8 exit does not close properly.

When I upgrade to the latest version of Mediaportal, I always upgrade with a fresh clean install. I have noticed around MP version 1.8 after the install and configuring the plugins, I'm now having to go into task manager and physically stop process of Mediaportal every time I exit MP or after configuring plugins. Also at times after configuring a plugin in the MP config, after I click the ok button a message pops up indicating MP has changed and must restart. After clicking yes. I have to go into task manager to close out the MP config process to be able to start up MP. I am not sure what has changed or may be causing this issue, I have noticed this with MP version 1.8, 1.9 and 1.10.

I can provide logs if needed, I am just curious if anyone else is having this same issue?

I do not use or install TV server when installing MP.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am just curious if anyone else is having this same issue?
    Yes; I find that with MP 1.9.0 pre, MP will occasionally fail to terminate completely, with the result that it will not restart later. The work-around that I use is to start "MP Config", which detects that MP is "running" and asks whether MP should be closed. Select "yes", and exit from "MP Config". MP can then be started.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I also see this with 1.9 pre, which I still have installed on my ultrabook, I was hoping 1.9 full would cure it. I wouldn't know from my main HTPC which has 1.9 full, since MP is never closed (except when it crashes :censored:). However in my case it's not every time, just sometimes, then I have to kill it with task manager so I can restart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom