Mediaportal Full Screen Doesnt Work! (1 Viewer)

jorrell

Portal Member
November 25, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ive been using mediaportal for the last few weeks and still getting used to it, but i do have one thing that is really bugging me and destroys the whole look of my HTPC. I run 3 screens (2 1080p 27" Acer's and a 50" LG HD Plasma).

The problem being that i do all my editing work with Mediaportal and plugins on my main monitor which is fine as i do want it to start on that screen. However When I want to watch tv and switch Mediaportal to the 50" Plasma it leaves the ugly taskbar at the bottom of my screen and no matter what I do it WONT go Full screen!
Now I know you can check the MP Config under General>Startup/Resume Settings and tick the "Hide taskbar in full screen mode." But that's useless if your using more than 1 screen surely! Soon as Mediaportal is switched to my Plasma I get the taskbar at the bottom, so, if i check the hide taskbar box, then I loose my taskbar on ALL three screens and then cant access the taskbar whatsoever without quitting MP!

In the world of multiple monitor setups I cant fathom why this feature wasnt even an option. MP should just maximize to full screen regardless leaving other screens and their taskbars alone! Please, Please can someone tell me how to get around this, becuase its really annoying me and i want to continue to use mediaportal, but having a taskbar at the bottom of the 50" screen is unacceptable, so too, is hiding the default Windows taskbar which removes it from all of your screen! Perhaps an extra option to tell mediaportal to start full screen regardless of taskbar would be the obvious solution? Ive converted from using WMC and never had this problem as it can be maximized completely thus hiding the taskbar automatically and leaving other monitors taskbars alone..

I know you can ask MP to start on a specific screen too, which still doesnt help me as the Plasma may be being used to watch other satellite etc and then i need MP back on my main display. Chainging this in config every time MP starts is a royal pain in the bum!

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What happens when you drag MP window to the plasma and click alt+enter
    I have a feeling that if you set the resolution to be the same on all displays then you wont have that problem, however this is probably not a good solution.

jorrell

Portal Member
    November 25, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ALT+ENTER doesnt work it just crashes MP. Also I cant drag MP from one screen to another, I have to use a multi monitor App to control switching screen (Displayfusion) which swaps any application to the next screen with CTRL+ALT+WINDOWS KEY. As regards resolution. All of monitors and my TV are default resolution of 1080P

Last edited:

Jon.ward

Portal Member
    December 21, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ALT+ENTER should only crash MP when playing TV/Video , were you playing TV/Video. In the configuration have you set media portal to the second screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom