MediaPortal fullscreen window resized when turning tv on/off (1 Viewer)

geirgp

Portal Member
December 18, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: 7
CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 5600+
HDD: WD GP 1TB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: ABIT A-N78HD
Video Card: Onboard
Video Card Driver: Default from Win7
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: Default from Win7
Sound Card Driver: Default from Win7
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Thermaltake DH101
Cooling:
Power Supply: 500w
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have a Panasonic 42" 720p panel which is hooked up to my HTPC which runs Windows 7. The screen resolution is configured to 1280x768.

When I start MediaPortal it goes into fullscreen mode and all is good, but if I change my TV's input from the HTCP to my digital cable tuner and back, MediaPortal's fullscreen window changes its size. It is still running in fullscreen mode, but I can see parts of my desktop on the right side and it looks like it is running in something like 1024x768 mode instead.

I should probably mention that Windows plays a sound when I change the TV's input channel to/from the HTPC. I guess that when the TV is "disconnected" Windows changes to a default screen resolution, 1024x768?, and changes it back to the TV's optimal resolution when it is reconnected again.

I can understand this behavior, and it seems like MediaPortal picks it up partially since the fullscreen window is resized when I disconnect the TV and screen resolution is decreased (or perhaps the window is just forcefully resized by Win7 since it is running fullscreen and also exceeding the new resolution's dimmensions?).

The screen res change is not picked up properly by MediaPortal when TV is reconnected and my only workaround so far is to restart MediaPortal, something which of course is quite annoying.

Are there anyone who knows how to:
a) prevent win7 from changing the resolution to "default" (1024x768) when TV is disconnected?
or
b) configure MediaPortal to update it's window size when screen resolution is increased as well as when it is decreased.

Any other advice which helps is also appreciated.

Thank you,

Geir

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom