MediaPortal GET YOU GOING GUIDE (1 Viewer)

aal

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
infinityloop said:
I have moved that topic back to the Tips and Tricks Forum.

Good tutorials will be added to the wiki by the team. But keep in minde that EVERYONE can add their wisdom to the wiki on thir own.

You can add info to existing pages or start new guides in our "User Guides" section.

However Topics will not be moved again out of this forum :)

Thanks!

aholdt

Portal Member
July 6, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
aal thank you very much for making this post!

I have spent the last few evenings setting up my very first mediacentre. Obviously there is a difference in drivers etc. since my hardware is different but all your little tips about MP and Windows setup and tweaking was very helpful in adding the finishing touch.

To save a few bucks one might use VNC instead of PCAnywhere. VNC is Open Source (one implementation is at http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net)

Regards
Allan

aal

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
aholdt said:
aal thank you very much for making this post!

I have spent the last few evenings setting up my very first mediacentre. Obviously there is a difference in drivers etc. since my hardware is different but all your little tips about MP and Windows setup and tweaking was very helpful in adding the finishing touch.

To save a few bucks one might use VNC instead of PCAnywhere. VNC is Open Source (one implementation is at http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net)

Regards
Allan

You're welcome! Thanks for the tip on VNC!

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some additional Tip

Good guide !

Perhaps I may add something usefull regarding NTFS- filesystem: As you already separated system and data to 2 partitions, set the cluster size of the data disk to the maximum of 64K.

Recordings and music are large files, so this might save some diskspace.

The clustersize can only be changed within XP - disc management, not during initial setup.

HTH
    /Gerd

aal

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Post updated to reflect new versions of MediaPortal and Project Mayhem III skin.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Where can I download MouseHide ? Because since some MP version when looking at visualisation my mouse cursors is displayed :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    aal

Almost forgotten about this post, please keep it up, this is the real world of MP.

It does what you want.

Sorry the wiki, for someone new is overwhelming, mainly because they do not know what they want or need (candy store springs to mind, give me everything).

Please keep all posts here simple, if you want specific answers use the main forum.

Regards

NgoTac

June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You don't need to use PC Anywhere to connect remotely. You can use window's remote desktop connection. There is a hack to enable multiple remote desktop connection on windows machines. Just google "enabling multiple remote desktop" and there are many sites that will show you how (make sure the site mention something about termsrv). I personally prefer Window's RDC over PCAnywhere because I think it's faster and it is already available with every Windows XP, Vista install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom