mediaportal good initiative, but very unstalbe with tv cards (1 Viewer)

gbtv

January 18, 2006
i tested mediaportal, but i cant use it,
to much unstable, and neary no item
i can use properly,
i want to record tv programs, i can see tv stations,
but when i want to rcord them, only hardisk
space is lost, but i can not see any recordings.
even a blue screen with an serious failior
the computer was complete down,
and had to restore from a serious failure.

but better than media centre, which would be
better and more stable then mediaportal,
but not a stand alone product , that s the advantadge
from mediaportal, so hope it will be better soon.

greetz Ted

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
what version of media portal were you running? what type of computer have you got ?, are you using any specific settings or codecs, eg, vmr7 vmr9 ?
Does it only crash in tv module and everything else is fine?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    People also need to realize that Media portal is at version 0.2. NOT 2.0. This is still a beta product. Being this early in the game there are going to be problems. I personally think that even in the early stage that media portal is in it is still one of the best if the THE best Front end out there. It's pretty much the only open source media center program out there and this means a lot to me. I do not use the tv portion of MP right now but I use everything else and I can't even remember the last time MP has crashed on me or something did work. These forums are a great help and almost every problem can be solved with just a little bit of reading.

I wish you the best of luck.... and I can't wait to see what the DEV's have in store for us.... I can't wait to see what the REAL 2.0 version will look like.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Media Portal has a very active support community. By not posting your issues and not giving us *any* information on the type of set up you have then it is your loss.

There are many people here who are willing to help you get your troubles sorted. MP is very stable and IMO works better than any other alternative.
    From the ambiguous hiku type of message you have posted we can't provide any assistance at all though.

If you are serious about a good HTPC app that won't cost you any lisencing and will give you more configurability than any other, then you will need to put in a little time to get it set up the way you want.
    Read the sticky post marked "Read this first" in the support forum and follow the instructions there. We will then try to get to the bottom of your problems. Otherwise, have fun with MCE or GBTV.

Marcus

RickWesh

Portal Member
    March 26, 2005
    Larimore ND.
    Unstable!!!

I've used MP since version 0.1.3 with:
    ProVideo PV951
    ATI All-In-Wonder 2006
    ATI HDTV Wonder

And managed to get MP up and going with some effort, but always worth the extra time it takes to iron the settings out!

Each new product, wether its software or hardware, takes to to adjust the end-user side of things too.

When you consider that most TV-Tuner card manufactures provide their boards with propietary applications and then consider that even third party apps such as PowerCinema, PowerVCR, Pinnacle TV (thinks thats it's name) all still have issues with a small handfull of cards; Mediaportal kicks butt!!!!

With my current setup (see my signature) Mediaportal flies, every channel is crystal clear and if I could get it past the girlfriend I'd sell my car to do some serious HTPC design around Mediaportal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom