Mediaportal hanging on resume for recording v1.5 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To me it looks like the recording ran for a good 45 minutes... though I note that there are "discontinuity header bit set" messages in the TsWriter log which indicate the tuner was experiencing marginal signal quality. Some tuners would give up streaming under those conditions. I do see that it appears like the PC just stopped responding (logging just dies) but I don't see why.

mark thackeray

Portal Member
    April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    To me it looks like the recording ran for a good 45 minutes... though I note that there are "discontinuity header bit set" messages in the TsWriter log which indicate the tuner was experiencing marginal signal quality. Some tuners would give up streaming under those conditions. I do see that it appears like the PC just stopped responding (logging just dies) but I don't see why.

This is the first time I have seen it record for this long - normally the machine stops responding much sooner, usually within 5 minutes. Signal levels and quality are normally very good as I have a decent signal on normal recordings when it is in a fully on state. Recording was indeed black i.e. no content. I posted these as it was something different to what I've seen before, it seems as though the machine is being held in a low power mode and struggling with the recording. Is there any way to force it to resume to full on state rather than this intermediate state other than pressing a key on the keyboard?

Regards,
    Mark

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...I posted these as it was something different to what I've seen before, it seems as though the machine is being held in a low power mode and struggling with the recording. Is there any way to force it to resume to full on state rather than this intermediate state other than pressing a key on the keyboard?
    There is no "intermediate state" - the PC is either in one of the power saving states (S3, S4) or in run mode (S0). It must be in run mode to record TV. The fact that Windows enables or disables display and audio has nothing to do with run modes - the rest of the system is fully operational. I have the impression that there is something wrong with your system setup, but I cannot substantiate it by facts. Like mm1352000 I see no reason why your system stops logging and gets unresponsive after more or less time after a wakeup. Nevertheless I would recommend you thinking about reinstalling Windows (with as few configuration and installation of additional software / tools as absolutely necessary) and MP from scratch.

Michael

mark thackeray

Portal Member
    April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Michael & mm,

Looks like the problem is hardware (psu) related - having swapped out the BIOS battery the computer now shuts down when trying to go into S3 - having popped the lid off the PSU looks like a selection of bulging/leaking capacitors is the problem - not totally surprising due to the small amount of space & location right next to the heatsink (why do PSU designers always do this?). I'll report back once I've replaced them (or the PSU - it is a PSU specific to this model due to the space limitations within the case, new ones are eye-wateringly expensive, hence my desire to just replace the caps). I'm guessing that it was just on the edge of working before, machine runs OK if everything is running but a drop in load seems to be causing issues.

Thanks for your help,

MT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom