MediaPortal hangs during start, initializing DirectX (1 Viewer)

royscheper

November 16, 2008
Hello,

I've have a little problem with MediaPortal.. I've installed MP with help of this "tutorial": ProjectHTPC - HTPC Software Advice

When I try to start MP (Shortcut on desktop) MP is trying to start, but it hangs at "Initializing DirectX"..

Searched the web but can't find any same problems..

Win Vista HP SP1, all updates, DirectX Nov. 2008 installed.

PS, Sorry for the bad(?) language

royscheper

November 16, 2008
It is fixed, just installed a patch: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/initializing-directx-then-freeze-44950/

Now I have other problems.. When I start MP, goto movie, click oon the movie & then KMplayer starts.. Only it starts in the "background". MediaPortal is kind of standing in the way.. Next to that KMplayer gives a message that the current selected video render is user (Guessing by MP?)..

But this aren't really specific MP problems..

EDIT: It all works, but only when MP is not set to Full Screen.. When using full screen KMplayer starts "under" MP, but the movie don't start.. When using MP in windowed mode: perfect.

In full screen mode KMplayer don't say anything about the video render..

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The guide you followed is not the best one.

Would rather use MP's supplied mpeg2 codecs and install Vista codec pack, that way all normal type video's can be played in windows media player and Mediaportal natively :)

You might have to untick in MP config\general "MP always on top" to get external player to work, not sure as never used one.

royscheper

November 16, 2008
    Sorry for the maybe quite simple questions.. Kind of a starter.. :)

So for MPEG-2 -> MPV Decoder Filter, H.264 -> Cyberlink/CoreAVC (No MPV Decoder Filter available) and for dvd also the MP Decoder?

Installed Vista Codec Package.. Getting bit "crazy" about the configurations.. Which configurations for which program?

Cause I like to Play DTS/5.1 if possible.. Are there any things which I should configure looking at MKV files, DTS, maybe Nvidia hardware decoding or something?

igorgor

August 10, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You refered that you just fixed it but I could not find amy link with the fix. Can you re-post oner please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom