mediaportal hangs on resume from s3 (1 Viewer)

ed cox

July 22, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi there, i can't figure it out, when i put pc into sleep and afterwards wake it win 7 64 resume good only mediaportal is stuck on the taskbar and does nothing (hangs) I only can now close it and restart and than it works.
This is no good for use as htpc, im new to mediaportal always was with mce and xbmc/kodi.
I have a log maybe some can help/look what is wrong.
When mp is closed and i put pc into s3 (standby) and than resume win 7 works. It is only when mp is opened, how it shoud be for htpc use.

ed

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
your not alone, same here, fortunately I'm not getting it much now but it is a problem at times. I have written an autohotkey script to kill MP when it goes into a "not responding" state for too long (about 15 or 20 seconds I think). mostly aimed at the random freezes because you tried to do the wrong things but it can help work around the startup thing if nobody can get an actual solution for you.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
looks more like audio device disconnection problem.
[2015-07-21 09:07:22,566] [ a794508] [ 2cc] - failed to find MediaPortal - Audio Renderer filter!
do you use audio over HDMI to your TV set?

ed cox

July 22, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oh thanks, but i have to come back to do that, the htpc what has this problem is being rebuid. Probaly in a few days.
grtz ed

Clyde

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2010
    OWL
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i have the same issus on my mediaportal. After resume from S3 the system hangs. I use audio over HDMI.

looks more like audio device disconnection problem.
    [2015-07-21 09:07:22,566] [ a794508] [ 2cc] - failed to find MediaPortal - Audio Renderer filter!
    do you use audio over HDMI to your TV set?

@Vasilich : Where can i get more information about this issus. What can i do?

thanks Clyde

thewilli

Portal Member
    March 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    your not alone, same here, fortunately I'm not getting it much now but it is a problem at times. I have written an autohotkey script to kill MP when it goes into a "not responding" state for too long (about 15 or 20 seconds I think). mostly aimed at the random freezes because you tried to do the wrong things but it can help work around the startup thing if nobody can get an actual solution for you.

I have the same problem, could you please post that script, @mrkaras?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom