MediaPortal hangs up when recording (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi

since two weeks I've got the problem that I am not able to schedule records in my MediaPortal client with a connected MediaPortal TV Server.

When I select some program to record in EPG time line the view opens to record. When I than select recort nothing further happens. When I try to navigate I here the navigation sound but nothing happens. I've to kill the MediaPortal task to continue.

Some ideas?

I've made a completely new installation including MediaPortal + TV Server + MySql.
I tried both versions 1.2.3 and 1.3.0 Alpha. Both are having the same problem.

Thanks for your help.

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
I now tried to find the error by activating single tv cards and so on but nothing changed.
Then I repaired my MySql database but there where no errors, so nothing changed.

Then I tried to install der XBMC Server Plugin and connected with XBMC. There I was able to create recordings.
So it should have nothing to do with my tv cards and it has nothing to do with my database.

Some other ideas?

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmm don't know why but now I've got also the problem that my channel switching time are extremely long. (15 seconds)
I tried to connect / disconnect my tv cards and so on but nothing changes.

Here some screenshot of my testing in the tv server configuration.

Some ideas?

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    77.7 KB

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
I now installed everything new including my TechnoTrend drivers for all my four tv cards. It changes a little bit but 8 seconds channel switching time are long.

I also tried the TechnoTrend software ttviewer. Here all channel switching times are really fast.

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
After a complete reinstallation of all tv card drivers, MediaPortal TV server and after a rescan of the tv channels the recordings work fine again and I'm down to 6 seconds channel switching times.

The switching times are now a little bit longer than they were in the past but I don't know what else to do. Perhaps I'll try the pause/stop functionality for my tv cards. Perhaps this will bring some further switching seconds.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could you please post fresh logs so we can check where the delay is?
    In your original log files it looks like everything is slower than normal - it is strange...

DiSEqC = ~1.3 seconds (!!!)
    Submit tune request = ~1 second
    Wait for PMT = ~0.5 seconds

Something doesn't seem right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom