"MediaPortal has stopped working" when trying to watch movies/series (1 Viewer)

jocke

Portal Pro
January 27, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 svn-03-07-2009--01-58-Rev21864
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
CPU Type: Intel C2D E8400 @ 3.0GHz
HDD: 11xWD ~5TiB
Memory: 4x Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400 1024MB CL4 ,2.1V, 128Megx64, 240pin, 800mhz, E.P.P
Motherboard: Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H, Socket-775
Video Card: Asus Radeon EAH4870 DK 1G
Video Card Driver: ati8561, Driver Packaging Version 8.561-081201a1-073187C-Asus
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 PCI
Sound Card AC3: AC3 / Coaxial Out + Optical Out
Sound Card Driver: Xonar_D2_08090281747_Vista3264_RC01)
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow_rev2754_20090310_clsid
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow_rev2754_20090310_clsid
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow_rev2754_20090310_clsid
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion v2 Black
Cooling: Scythe Ninja Mini + 4x 120mm case-fan's
Power Supply: Antec-something, the one included in the Antec Fusion case
TV: Sony W3000 46"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI > HDMI > HDMI-input on TV

Link to error-report
ZIP: http://www.jocke.no/mediaportal/errors/MediaPortalLogs_12_03_09.zip
HTML: MediaPortal Test Tool -- LogReport

I get the "MediaPortal has stopped working"-error every time I try to view a movie or series. I can browse movies/series completely fine, but whenever I try to run/start it, MP crashes.

I'm using the addons My Films and My TV Series, but as they are working just fine, I can imagine it being a MP- or codec-related problem.

I figured if I removed "Haali Media Splitter" from the Video Post Processing, it works.

However, my subtitles doesnt show up. It's been some months since I used MP, but if it's not "Haali Media Splitter" wich I have to enable in VPP, wich is it? :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I figured if I removed "Haali Media Splitter" from the Video Post Processing, it works.
    Why have you added this in VPP? You don't need to, at least I can't see any benefits.

jocke

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Why have you added this in VPP? You don't need to, at least I can't see any benefits.
    As far as my brain can remember, this is what I used to enable in my "earlier days". However, this might have changed, or I'm using the wrong filter.

The idea is to use VSfilter to handle subs, instead of ffdshow.

Where did I get this from? Some guide on an pdf-file here on the forums, wich I haven't been able to locate again (can't remember what to search for).

jocke

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So theres no way to get my subs back by using VSfilter & ffdshow? I like to keep my computer free of such "codec-packs".

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi again!

Using VobSub (or FFDShow) for subs works fine, but you don't need to add it to VPP. I'll try to give you a detailed instruction when I get home, if no one else guides you to it. First hints:
    - Sub name must be same as movie (except extension of course)
    - If you have installed Haali (for .mkv), make sure that "autoload VSFilter" is set to "yes" in config.

jocke

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    - If you have installed Haali (for .mkv), make sure that "autoload VSFilter" is set to "yes" in config.
    I use mostly .mkv-files, and yes, Haali has been installed, and "Autoload VSFilter" is set to "Yes". Still no subs.

As far as I can remember, the step with adding Haali to VPP was the final step in order to get subs from .mkv-files. However, I might remember it wrong, or it may have changed since i played with MP last time.

I'll try to play one of my movies with .sub when I come home, to see if those play with subs atm.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Try hitting the button on MCE remote (or bring dialog box up in any other way) and see if there is a "Subtitle" menu item appearing.

jocke

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I just tried now.

1) Movies/series having an "external" subtitle-file (.srt/.sub etc), where the subtitle file is named exactly like the movie/series itself, does not show up when I play it in MP. Using ZoomPlayer or any other player, it shows up just fine.

2) Movies/series having the subtitles in the container, like in .mkv-files, does not show either. It shows just fine in external players. However, within MP, I do get the option to choose between availibe subtitles. Choosing either one of them doesnt do mutch though - still no subtitles.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I had same thing with a .MP4 video. Did you try another movie?
    Also make sure to have Haali AVI support checked.

... or try enabling subs in FFDShow config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom