Mediaportal Has Stopped Working (1 Viewer)

Altay Ayyuce

Portal Member
August 13, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
My instance of MP has all of a sudden stopped working. When I try and start the following programs:

Mediaportal
Mediaportal Configurator
StreamedMP BasicHome Editor

I get the following Windows error:

"Mediaportal Has Stopped Working"
"Mediaportal Configurator Has Stopped Working"
"SMPEditor Has Stopped Working"

I get the above errors immediately - i.e. it doesn't even try and load the programs. I have also restarted Windows more than once.

I can however start the TV-Server Configurator for MP.

I am running Windows 7 and Mediaportal was working fine up until I tried to restart it after a wake up from Sleep.

I have attached the logs for reference.

Help greatly appreciated as I absolutely **LOVE** this program !!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From your logs

1) Multiple plugin's reporting 'is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version' (1st set of errors I see in log file).

2) at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.PluginConfiguration.Load()
    2012-09-09 19:52:23.635600 [ERROR][Config Main(1)]: [OnlineVideos] System.IO.IOException: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter.Write(String value)

3) 2012-09-09 19:52:25.632400 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: movingpictures.db3
    2012-09-09 19:52:25.694800 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:MISUSE detailed:disk I/O error query:select name, id from users
    2012-09-09 19:52:25.710400 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:MISUSE detailed:disk I/O error query:select * from sqlite_master where type='table' and name = 'users'

1st Do you have enough free disk space on c: (sometime it is the simple one's)? Or, do have something running that's hogging RAM?

2nd Have any of your plugin's been update to 1.3 Alpha support (I see your on 1.2.3, so this seems unlikely and I'm not sure this would cuase anything like problem your seeing).

3rd Have you run disk check & defrag (with Win 7 should not really need to defrag but....) as could be disk error.

4th - JUST IN CASE, copy your c:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal somewhere else - there are MP back progs, but it MP is corrupt, they may not work - so in you have to re-install (which isn't that big a problem), you can re-instate databases & thumbs quickly (been there, done that....)

Good luck - JCMP

Altay Ayyuce

Portal Member
    August 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    JCMP - thanks for your quick response. I have some further questions however:

1. I have MP runnning on another PC with exactly the same folder structure (as my media files are all on a NAS). Can I just copy the entire "c:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal " from one computer to another and see if it solves the problem?

2. If I do have to do a new reinstall, are all the necessary file (e.g. thumbs, dbs etc..) located in the "c:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal " foler or are there some files also located in the "c:/Program Files/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal" folder as well?

3. Could it be that having Automatic Updates of plugins checked (I do remember checking this somewhere) has downloaded the wrong versions and somehow corrupted MP and should I disable this feature?

With regards to disk space, I have more than 20GB available on my C Drive so I don't think this should be the issue. I will check on RAM usage however.

Once again, thanks very much for your support.
    AA

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    1. I have MP runnning on another PC with exactly the same folder structure

Simply try to copy the configuration file "MediaPortal.xml" from another PC.

Your mistake happens to me all the time that a client MP is switched off without passing through resume and power off.

Regards,
    xavier.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi

Yes you can copy over from other install, all should be fine but I'd try Xavier's suggestion 1st.

If you do reinstall the whole set-up, all the 'user' stuff is in ProgramData, the "Program Files" (or Program Files(x86) if your a 64 bit host) is the code base, which will include the plugin's you use - MePo enforces a strong separation between code & content (the skin files, logs, etc all being classed as content) - I've done same, coped existing service to new install, just make sure you re-install all the plugins:)

Cheers - JCMP

Altay Ayyuce

Portal Member
    August 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Guys - just to be clear, do you recommend I do a clean install of MP first or do you think by copying over "Mediaportal.xml" from another computer may resolve my issue without doing a clear install?

Altay Ayyuce

Portal Member
    August 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK - resolved! Just followed Xavier's instructions and copied the Mediaportal.xml file over to my effected PC and have started to get it going again WITHOUT a install !! It may pay to backup a working copy of the xml file for future issues!!

One problem I have noticed however is that the Recorded TV playback resolution is not as good. Has the copied over xml file contain codec info from where it came? I have tried changing to FFDSHOW for MPEG2 but is has not seemed to make a difference? What is the preferred Codec for TV?

Anyway - thanks for all your help in getting me over the hump !

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello chaps,

I am having the same problem but I do not have another pc with Mediaportal.xml file to copy over. Could anyone post a link to a copy of the Mediaportal.xml file that is not corrupt? I did download mediaportal again just in case & installed from my second download but I still cannot fire up mediaportal configuration has stopped working. Please help

Thanks,

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom