mediaportal hungs on staring up plugins (minidisplay enabled) (1 Viewer)

teo406

Portal Member
July 1, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
Mediaportal 1.2.3 hungs on starting plugins when minidisplay is enabled. my vdf display is DM-140GINK Demo and i select this type. with wrong type selected in minidisplay, mediaportal works fine, but not the VFD.
with version up to 1.1.3 is working ok.
with version 1.2.3 in debug-mode media portal is working and the VFD, but the characters on it blinks every second or 2.

Steps to Reproduce:
enable minidisplay, select type DM-140GINK Demo ... , test dispay ok, starting mediaportal and hungs on starting plugins.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

In the logs there are many messages saying:
    WriteFile Result = Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
    This seems to start after a call to a system DLL (hid.dll) - HidD_GetHidGuid.

The comments in the code say:
    Purpose: Retrieves the interface class GUID for the HID class.
    Accepts: 'A System.Guid object for storing the GUID.
    I don't know exactly what the error means, but I suspect a system/OS issue.

mm

teo406

Portal Member
    July 1, 2007
    not even close, media portal 1.2.3 is the problem. Anyway, it would be better minidisplay to be a standalone program, so we can use it with other, better -in my opinion- HTPC software. Even if it worked, it would be hard for me to stop using XBMC. So i'll use lcdproc and linux, which also makes a much more stable HTPC.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well I was only trying to help, but it seems you think you know better and prefer to be rude and insulting. Next time maybe you can fix the problem yourself. Enjoy Linux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom