MediaPortal is crashing with: System.OutOfMemoryException (1 Viewer)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
this always happens after a time watching movies.
error message pops up, with exeption error - something, playback goes a little bit on then it stops and if i press ok, mediaportal crashes.
don t know what it is.
still trying to find the cause for it.
hope anyone can help me.
this is really strange.

best regards
parkuhr

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello parkuhr

I suspect a plugin issue. Is the problem reproducible when you disable all your plugins?

mm

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    If you take a look at the infoservice.log there seems to bee something wrong.

03.08.2012 00:12:53 | 0017 | Feed | Info | Parsing RSS feed from url/path http://serienjunkies.org/xml/feeds/episoden.xml successfull
    03.08.2012 00:12:54 | 0017 | Feed | Error | Error loading default feed item logo from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\media\InfoService\defaultFeedItemRSSBig.png . It seems that there is no ..\media\InfoService folder in the skin folder. Please reinstall skin/plugin.
    Maybe this is your problem. So you could first try to disable only the infoservice. Maybe it helps...

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Guys,
    thx a lot for your feedback.
    i also suspect that a plugin might be the reason for this issue.
    the question is only wich one.
    so i must work this out step by step.
    thx for the hint with infoservice.
    i check this out.
    the last changes i did in mp was:
    to install movingpictures, tv series, mp extendend and changed the rssfeeds in info service.
    further tests in progress.

best regards
    parkuhr

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you take a look at the infoservice.log there seems to bee something wrong.

03.08.2012 00:12:53 | 0017 | Feed | Info | Parsing RSS feed from url/path http://serienjunkies.org/xml/feeds/episoden.xml successfull
    03.08.2012 00:12:54 | 0017 | Feed | Error | Error loading default feed item logo from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\media\InfoService\defaultFeedItemRSSBig.png . It seems that there is no ..\media\InfoService folder in the skin folder. Please reinstall skin/plugin.
    Maybe this is your problem. So you could first try to disable only the infoservice. Maybe it helps...
    This error should not be critical. These Images will be used for the Feed items listview. If no default Image found, no Image will be used and the above error will be logged.

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    interim report:
    after i disabled info-service no crash happens again. it runs stable about 8 hours playing one movie and repaet it.
    this is strange, if this info-service error, is not critical.
    but i am no programmer and can not say much about it. maybe becouse this error to much ram is needed and buffer overflow or something happens.
    i don t know.
    further tests in progress.
    thx to all for feedback and sugestions!

best regards
    parkuhr

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for report. I will have a look at the logs as soon as im back from vacation :)

Edit: you can try to reduce the refresh time to 30 minutes. Maybe this helps.

Last edited:

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice vacation edsche;)
    i have run further tests: as long info-severvice was disabled, the spoken problem dosn t ocuured again.
    after turning on info-service the problem ouccured again.
    so it really looks like that it has something to do with info-service.
    i am very glad, that i know now propably the reason for this error.
    so i know what to do, to solve it.
    thx again to all for sugestions!
    thats the stand of knowledge now, if anything should cange, i inform you.

greetings
    parkuhr

Last edited:

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    end report:

i deeinstalled infoservice and deletet also the carryover files.
    then i installed infoservice again, this time, without the rss feed of serienjunkies.
    now everything seems to be ok again and mediaportal works stable.
    thank you guys very much for the hints and sugestions!

greetings
    parkuhr

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi parkuhr,
    I've looked over your logs and found out that there are many duplicated messages in the infoservice.log. Also this message is weird:
    03.08.2012 00:12:50 | 0017 | Feed | Error | Error deleting cache
    Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "0a90a2eb79a92946c1a3468bc303e39a.png" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
    bei System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
    bei System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
    bei FeedReader.Feed.DeleteCache()

Are there two infoservice.dll in your plugins folder? Maybe in the process folder? Also be aware that MediaPortal will load every file in there. Not just the dll files.

Edit:
    i deeinstalled infoservice and deletet also the carryover files.
    Ah so there were more than one infoservice.dll in the plugins folder? I think this caused the problem. Maybe you can try to readd the serienjunkies feed to InfoService and try again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom