Mediaportal keeps crashing. Please help. (1 Viewer)

cundogg

Portal Member
September 29, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Hello. Please can someone help me out. Everything was working great until I tried to created a task in windows task scheduler to launch restart.vbs (mediaportal installation directory) when computer unlocks from sleep. Now mediaportal crashes after starting. It works perfectly in debug mode so I deleted all the extensions from extensions installer thinking it would work again but it doesn't. I have included the log files. Any help would be appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1380431863][/DOUBLEPOST]The log file when mediaportal was in debug mode with no plugins loaded is log file taken at 05_51[DOUBLEPOST=1380432020][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the tv series plugin isn't working anymore as well.

Attachments

• mediaportal error.png
    mediaportal error.png
    208.1 KB
Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi cundogg,

It seems the biggest problems is your TVSeries database (which seems to throw an exception).
    Remove the .db3 file from your folder and see it that helps. If it starts fine without this .db3 file, there is a big chance your database got corrupted and needs to be rebuild.

Besides that you also have an incompatible plugin (InfoService) and seem to have an 'old' skinfile for OnlineVideos.
    See if you can update the plugins (through the Extension Installer on your desktop), or Titan Extended.

cundogg

Portal Member
    September 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi thanks for the reply. I have did what you suggested and it has fixed the crashes. I have a couple more questions if you can help me out again. When I am flicking through the tv channels there is a menu that comes up that tells you what channel your on but it doesn't go away and there is no button to get it to. Is there a timeout option for this I am missing. Also is it possible to launch a batch file from the home screen and how would I go about doing it.

Attachments

• channel menu.png
      channel menu.png
      3.4 MB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I am flicking through the tv channels there is a menu that comes up that tells you what channel your on but it doesn't go away and there is no button to get it to. Is there a timeout option for this I am missing.
    I to get noticed when i change a channel, but as soon as the new channel is displayed, the overlay gets closed here.

Also is it possible to launch a batch file from the home screen and how would I go about doing it.
    Haven't tried it myself, but you could try something like the Multishortcut plugin.

cundogg

Portal Member
    September 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    When I am flicking through the tv channels there is a menu that comes up that tells you what channel your on but it doesn't go away and there is no button to get it to. Is there a timeout option for this I am missing.
    I to get noticed when i change a channel, but as soon as the new channel is displayed, the overlay gets closed here.

Also is it possible to launch a batch file from the home screen and how would I go about doing it.
    Haven't tried it myself, but you could try something like the Multishortcut plugin.

I managed to fix the channel menu. I found the OSD timeout settings which was set to 0. Thanks for your help.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Mine is also set to 0, but working fine with that setting. But confusing that yours doesn't.
    Nothing in the logs?

OSD.PNG

cundogg

Portal Member
    September 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I meant my zap timeout was set to 0. Thats what was causing the menu to stay on the screen. I set it to 4 and it disappears after 4 seconds now so everything is working great now thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom