Mediaportal keeps crashing. Please help.

Discussion in 'General Support' started by cundogg, September 29, 2013.

1. cundogg

cundogg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    Hello. Please can someone help me out. Everything was working great until I tried to created a task in windows task scheduler to launch restart.vbs (mediaportal installation directory) when computer unlocks from sleep. Now mediaportal crashes after starting. It works perfectly in debug mode so I deleted all the extensions from extensions installer thinking it would work again but it doesn't. I have included the log files. Any help would be appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1380431863][/DOUBLEPOST]The log file when mediaportal was in debug mode with no plugins loaded is log file taken at 05_51[DOUBLEPOST=1380432020][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the tv series plugin isn't working anymore as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 29, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Hi cundogg,

It seems the biggest problems is your TVSeries database (which seems to throw an exception).
    Remove the .db3 file from your folder and see it that helps. If it starts fine without this .db3 file, there is a big chance your database got corrupted and needs to be rebuild.

Besides that you also have an incompatible plugin (InfoService) and seem to have an 'old' skinfile for OnlineVideos.
    See if you can update the plugins (through the Extension Installer on your desktop), or Titan Extended.

4. cundogg

cundogg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi thanks for the reply. I have did what you suggested and it has fixed the crashes. I have a couple more questions if you can help me out again. When I am flicking through the tv channels there is a menu that comes up that tells you what channel your on but it doesn't go away and there is no button to get it to. Is there a timeout option for this I am missing. Also is it possible to launch a batch file from the home screen and how would I go about doing it.

Attached Files:

5. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I to get noticed when i change a channel, but as soon as the new channel is displayed, the overlay gets closed here.

Haven't tried it myself, but you could try something like the Multishortcut plugin.

6. cundogg

cundogg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland

I managed to fix the channel menu. I found the OSD timeout settings which was set to 0. Thanks for your help.

7. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
  8. cundogg

cundogg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    I meant my zap timeout was set to 0. Thats what was causing the menu to stay on the screen. I set it to 4 and it disappears after 4 seconds now so everything is working great now thanks.

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!