Mediaportal kills hauppauge's ir.exe (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Still the same as before. On the pci it doesn't react at all and the usb one, which I installed later, still reacts weird: curser buttons work like keyboards curser keys, the number buttons are like the number keys, mute, volume up and down work normal, ok on remote is like enter and the "*" button is like escape. And all that works if ir.exe is running or not. Like we in germany say: Ich werde hieraus auch nicht schlauer - I am not becoming smarter by this.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
can u do a screenie of relevent sections in device manager?
would focus on the pci card initially if you are sure its not faulty use the haupage clean up utility then reinstall the drivers.
i used to be really good at this but after using logmein for last few years i got out of practice lol

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, everything looks ok. I did several reinstalls of both devices, with older and newer drivers, nothing worked different then it does now.

device manager.JPG

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
yes everything looks good in there, uuummmmmm?????

can i ask which remote you are using, are they all the same the haupp remotes?, i no longer have my 500t but am pretty sure it was only detected under the ir entry in device manager and it sounds like yours is being picked up as a HID if it works in windows without the irremote loaded.
did you check the usb driver files had been successfully downgraded to 2600.2180 version?
will have a think but running out of ideas..

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
I did that install of usb drivers and it did that downgrade. I use that 45 button remote. If the PCI revceiver is broken it would explain why it does not receive any data, that might be ok, if the usb one was working all right. But that one seems to be recognised in combination with that remote like an HID. At least I can use it some way, but it is missing some major keys though.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
i have a feeling that if they did change the remote or use diff ones for the usb vs the pci cards that would explain the lack of response if you are using the usb remote on the pci receiver, can you find the original remote for the pci card? it would be easiest.

but as a last resort u can use the keyboard input plug-in, that will allow you to setup as many keys as you like and gives more config options i use that with my spare remote which is a speedlink sl-639,
procedure is outlined here
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/remotes-116/remote-control-sl-6399-configuration-34746/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom