mediaportal local works remote not (2 Viewers)

boskwo

Portal Member
November 1, 2011
Greetings!

1. Installed latest version of MediaPortal (1.2.1) on my Personal PC.
2. I have configured my Personal PC to work as a TV server. It uses SQL standard 2008 r2 for database.
3. Sql configuration manager is set up that it allows TCP/ip protocol.
4. If I run MediaPortal TV client on my Personal PC it works like charm.

5. I have a laptop with MediaPortal TV Client installed.
6. When I open it, click on TV and click chanell list, client just freezes for a while (about 1 minute) and then nothing happeneds.
7. It is configured to connect to my Personal PC tv server (I have tried with hostname or with IP, but the problem remains...)

What I have already tried:
-disabling FW on both sides (client and server)
-typing IP or HOSTNAME on MediaPortal Client Configuration
-allowed TCP/IP protocol in SQL Configuration manager and restarting the SQL server
-Typed Ip address of the server in client etc/hosts file...
-reinstalled software dousends of time..
-Lost my MOJO...
any sugestions?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Suggestions? Post your log-files. You also didn't say which Windows-version the two machines has....

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Check how Gentle.config is set up on the server, and then compare the SQL-credentials to the ones used in your local machine:

2011-11-01 18:13:27.015952 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Tv NotifyManager: Exception at timer_tick Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider SQLServer) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Password=123456;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDb;Data Source=burek\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=30; --->

You'll find Gentle.config in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

EDIT: Did you go through all of these things when you initially setup the SQL-Server?

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...mization/TV-Server/SQL_Server/SQL_Server_2008

I know, utterly clonky, but...needed.

boskwo

Portal Member
    November 1, 2011
    Greetings!

Thank you for your replies. I had SQL express 2008 which came with visual studio 2010. Then I haved decided to upgrade Express version and put 2008 R2 standard SQL. After that I have changed the password of sa user on server. If I check gentle.config on client and server they are both using right credentials.
    I have also opened SQL configuration manager where I have set up to allow TCP/IP and put port 1433 to be used there.

The link about SQL you are sugesting me to read, I have done that. I see it talks about having SQL express version, but I have it standard, is that an issue?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have SQL Server 2005, but it should be the same config as 2008. Is "Named Pipes" enabled?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is the name of the SQL-instance still "SQLEXPRESS"? You said you upgraded it to a full standard SQL. I would think that the instance-name changed, although I don't know if it does :)

boskwo

Portal Member
    November 1, 2011
    Good question... So I went to check if instance name is still SQLexpress and the answer is yes.
    I have attached one printscreen:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      108.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom