MediaPortal locks PC after 15 Minutes idle (1 Viewer)

drummercrm

Portal Member
July 30, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay guys,

as I already mentioned in the MP 1.8.0 Bug section (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-locks-pc-after-15-minutes-idle.127017/ ), my PC shows a very strange behavior. For now I can say, that everytime I start MP or MP Configuration, my windows energy saving settings are set to "Turn of screen after 15 Minutes". This is really annoying because I have to reset it to its default value everytime before I can watch TV. So please habe a look at this and please fix it.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can't see nothing wrong in log, i can't reproduce it too, can you post a screenshot from your windows setting etc. ?

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay guys,

as I already mentioned in the MP 1.8.0 Bug section (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-locks-pc-after-15-minutes-idle.127017/ ), my PC shows a very strange behavior. For now I can say, that everytime I start MP or MP Configuration, my windows energy saving settings are set to "Turn of screen after 15 Minutes". This is really annoying because I have to reset it to its default value everytime before I can watch TV. So please habe a look at this and please fix it.

Ehhh... is your pc a member of a domain or are running intune or somethings like that? Really sound like a "corporate setting" or something. Never heard anything like this before that could have anything to do with MePo.

drummercrm

Portal Member
    July 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the two pictures of my windows energy saving settings. The one before I start MP and the one after I start MP. Theese settings are adjusted automaticcaly while MP or MP Configuration is started.

And my PC is member of a usual Windows Workgroup. I'm not running Intune (I even don't really know what that is). before.png after.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows power options can also be manually set in MePo config. If there are different settings, could MePo set these options in the registry?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have a look at the PowerScheduler plugin. That has a default of 15 minutes, and uses/adjusts the Windows Power Settings.

drummercrm

Portal Member
    July 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have a look at the PowerScheduler plugin. That has a default of 15 minutes, and uses/adjusts the Windows Power Settings.
    Thanks for the tip, but it didn't really helped. I configured PowerSheduler as shown in the following Screenshots. I even tried to disable PS but everytime I started MP, My energy saving settings went back to 15 Minutes.
    powersheduler.png powersheduler2.png
    Windows power options can also be manually set in MePo config. If there are different settings, could MePo set these options in the registry?

I don't know, what you mean. How can I set them manually in MP Configuration?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Basically what HomeY was saying: PS can define the power settings, and that's what appears to happen.

Just to make sure:
    stop TV server
    adjust Windows power settings in control panel to your desired value, then open TV Server config (you'll be propmpted to start the service)
    Go to PS plugin: what delay does it show?[DOUBLEPOST=1415461944][/DOUBLEPOST]Something is wrong:

[2014-11-06 21:44:30,846] [Error ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [ERROR] - PS: Cannot connect to local tvservice to load settings
    [2014-11-06 21:44:45,852] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: StandbyWakeupThread triggered by check interval
    [2014-11-06 21:44:49,874] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [INFO ] - PS: Cannot register client's PowerScheduler as RemoteStandbyHandler / RemoteWakeupHandler: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.

Last edited:

drummercrm

Portal Member
    July 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Basically what HomeY was saying: PS can define the power settings, and that's what appears to happen.

Just to make sure:
    stop TV server
    adjust Windows power settings in control panel to your desired value, then open TV Server config (you'll be propmpted to start the service)
    Go to PS plugin: what delay does it show?[DOUBLEPOST=1415461944][/DOUBLEPOST]Something is wrong:

[2014-11-06 21:44:30,846] [Error ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [ERROR] - PS: Cannot connect to local tvservice to load settings
    [2014-11-06 21:44:45,852] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: StandbyWakeupThread triggered by check interval
    [2014-11-06 21:44:49,874] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [INFO ] - PS: Cannot register client's PowerScheduler as RemoteStandbyHandler / RemoteWakeupHandler: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.

Sorry for answering this late but I hadn't access to my Computer the past days. So, I did the steps as described and the delay for "put the computer to sleep after ... minutes" is 0 (zero).

ps1.png

EDIT: Okay, I think we're getting closer to this. After reading the log-lines posted by HTPC_Sourcer, I had the idea that this could come from my Anti-Virus Software (I'm using Bitdefender Total Security 2015). After turning Bitdefender off, define the power settings and starting MP, the settings will stay as defined. But when turning Bitdefender back on and start MP, the settings will fall back to "turn screen off after 15 minutes"

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bitdefender is blocking the TCP/IP client-server connection. Are there any options in Bitdefender to exclude Mediaportal.exe as a process?

On a more private basis: there is absolutely no need for any additional firewall software on top of what Windows is already providing with the built-in firewall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom