Mediaportal + Media Player Classic with X10 Remote

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by MacGyver2k, October 29, 2005.

1. MacGyver2k

MacGyver2k Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +64 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    hi,

i'm using media portal 0.2.0 with my Q-Sonic X10 Remote ( inputdevicemapper and the x10 plugin ).

i have chosen "media center classic" as external player because i have problems with my soundcard drivers where i get bluescreens if i use 16bit output samples over spdif. furthermore hdtv movies are running smoother an support for .ts is better.

my problem: i want tu use my remote in both programs.
    i use uICE with media player classic, but when when media portal is running in the background the control with the remote is totally screwed up.

does anyone have a solution for me ( think the best would be that mediaportal stops the/all plugins and remotes if an external player is running).

thank you,

mac

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CoolHammer
    • Premium Supporter

CoolHammer Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to say but it wont work. You need to use something like a girder to control both MP and your external player. Unless someone write a output devicemapper plugin with mediaplyer classics support.

I'm using also a x10 remote with inputdevicemapper . If you use internal players that is ok but external programs no way.

CoolHammer

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!