Mediaportal Minimise to task bar (1 Viewer)

vk3heg

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Ballarat
Home Country
Australia Australia
HI all,

I have a two seat setup (TV Server and Client on one pc, and client on another).

Started to have problems with the client when mp was started. It would run through all the initial startup etc, and then when it got to starting the home screen. Mp would minimise to the task bar.
No mouse/keyboard input would do anything. The only way I could get control of the system back was to ctrl-alt-del and end the mp task.

Decided to do a clean install, as I was planning on changing to a 60Gb SSD. Used Win 7 Enterprise as I can't find my ultimate disk atm. The old install was using w7u 64bit (Got copy of enterprise though work I do). Only problem is this new fresh install is doing the exact same thing as the old install.

Have gone through the config, and it's options that I can see are the same as the working client/server machine.

Log file is attached.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

I assumed it was " Startup/Resume settings - check you have 'Start MediaPortal in fullscreen' " - but from your logs...

<entry name="startfullscreen">yes</entry>
    <entry name="usefullscreensplash">yes</entry>
    <entry name="alwaysontop">yes</entry>
    <entry name="hidetaskbar">no</entry>
    <entry name="autostart">no</entry>
    <entry name="minimizeonstartup">no</entry>
    <entry name="minimizeonexit">no</entry>
    <entry name="turnoffmonitor">no</entry>
    <entry name="turnmonitoronafterresume">yes</entry>
    <entry name="enables3trick">yes</entry>
    <entry name="restartonresume">yes</entry>
    <entry name="showlastactivemodule">no</entry>

So, the obvious (to me anyway) issues are not the cause:-<

You said you did a 're-install' - did you clean out the old install 100% or just re-install?

Also, your TV Server is separate, so may be worth trying to 'wait for TV server' = yes (your a no at the moment)
    <entry name="wait for tvserver">no</entry>

and

2012-09-08 19:30:47.767613 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=MP-PC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30;

appears in your error.log file.

Hopefully some of the above may be of help - and if not, it'll hopefully narrow the options.
    Cheers - J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom