MediaPortal not outputting AC3 (1 Viewer)

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Revision/Xface
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP3)
CPU Type: AMD X2 3800
HDD: WD 320gb + Seagate 1tb
Memory: 895mb
Motherboard: MS-7207PV (MSI) K8NGM2
Video Card: Asus EN8600GT Silent
Video Card Driver: PureVideo 1.02.223
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
Remote: MCE
TV: Epson HC720
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI
Unless I add AC3Filter to video post processing & check it, MediaPortal won't output AC3. My receiver shows that it's only receiving 2 channels.
I'm not a big fan of post processing. I didn't have to do this with 0.2.3.0. I guess it's not a big deal, but is this normal?

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This might not help you but...

I had just upgraded to the SVN version of MP but I had a problem like yours with the previous one as well as the SVN release.

I am sure it is now resolved for me as I made MP start up in a Window and then as I selected an mkv film to play with a known AC3 sound track I found that by running Graphedit and linking it to MP it was using FFDShow as the sound decoder rather than the chosen AC3 as selected within MP's configuration.

You might want to run MP with graphedit and see just what decoders are being used as I found that by playing the same movie file with WMP, and checked by Graphedit, it would indeed use the AC3 filter.

I did notice that ffdshow was selected as the AAC choice but, for some reason, MP would use it for each of my mkv encoded movies.

Might be a bit extreme but I removed ffdshow and now MP uses, checked again by Graphedit, the Ac3 decoder correctly, thus my AMP is showing DTS / DD etc.

I am using AC3 filter 1.51a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom