Bradley Brand

June 10, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hey guys, I've recently installed MediaPortal 2 onto my computer and have fully set up my directories. MediaPortal lists my movies all correctly with their cover image and the movie's information but however, when I click on a movie it does not play. It has text - "full screen" which I try clicking on but the movie does not seem to play. I have tried the YouTube plugin as well to try and play a video, but I have experiencing problems.

Do you know what could be the problem?

Bradley

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Bradley Brand

June 10, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I have the TV server, but I am not using it currently because I do not have a TV tuner card. I have attached the log.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is the cause of all trouble:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DirectShowWrapper, Version=2.16.4.7790, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I assume you are running a virus scanner, are you? Whatever scaner you use, check the quarantined files and restore DirectShowWrapper.dll to its original location. Hopefully you had set it to quanratine and not immediate deletion.[DOUBLEPOST=1465644188][/DOUBLEPOST]See also here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/windows-defender-killed-directshow-dll.134506/

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If the issue is caused by a false positive of your virus scanner you better exclude both MediaPortal folders (C:\Program Files (x86) and in C:\ProgramData. Later one is a hidden folder so you may need to show hidden files/folders to do so) from being scanned. If you later add Live-TV to your set-up too, you also should exclude the timeshift and recordings folders.

I would recommend to repair your MP2 installation right after you've excluded the MP folders from your scanner. Maybe the DirectShowWrapper.dll is not the only part of MP2 that has been "killed" by your AV software. You can do this by simply running the installer again and then choose "repair".

I have the TV server, but I am not using it currently
    The MP2 Server is not "only" for TV, but for every media you want to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom