mediaportal not the active window caused by systrem tray icon (1 Viewer)

patrickkrst

Portal Member
October 1, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

I've got a problem when starting TV. At the first time when I tune a channel there will normally popup a system tray icon for mdapi plus and ffdshow. I already hide these icons and also configured to hide the messages. Somehow at that moment the tv stream/MP isn't the active window anymore! I first have to click with the mouse once to make mediaportal the active window. When I tune to an other program the problem is not there anymore, even when I stop watching tv and open it later on again the problem is not there. Its only when starting tv the first time after a restart of my HTPC. I think It has got something to do with those system icons/programs that start in background. Seems like that one of there processes is the active window at that moment?

This behaviour is very annoying when controlling MP with a remote control 'cause I first have to grab a mouse/keyboard to make MP the active program again.
I've configured that MP is always on top and to hide the taskbar but still this problem remains.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advantage!

Last edited:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please make sure that this discussion does now move onto the subject of MDAPI because it is not permitted on this forum.

There is an option to "Keep MediaPortal always on top" in the MP config: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings which should do the trick.

If for any reason you don't want to use this option, you could map one of your unused buttons on your remote to produce an ALT TAB keystroke combination using IRSS. This will allow you to set MP back in focus without the keyboard.

Robbo100

tbrg78

Portal Member
    October 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know what remote control you're using, but mine does interact with MP even if it has no focus. I use an X10 remote and it works the way described when utilizing the mediaportal x10-remote support or with x10receiver.net, an external remote controlling app which uses the message plugin of MP to get keypresses put through.

If you need MP to be the active window, you could/should enhance the way your remote control "works".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom