MediaPortal on ITX (1 Viewer)

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
KOTIK,
Does that mean you now can play 1080i on your 330/ION combo with no problems?
I have been reading up on this thread today, as I am searching for new hardware for MP clients for HDTV.

I am considering the ASROCK ION 330HT with Blu-ray - or maybe the new ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 ??

That means that currently ION will de-interlace content that is interlaced with the MBAFF method.

BUT ION wont do Advanced HD de-interlacing on 1080i, it will at best use Adaptive de-interlacing.

For more info regarding different types of de-interlacing visit this link.

That of course might change in future driver release.

How do you see which de-interlace type the ION is using - in Nvidia Control panel all I see (I am dumb, I know :() is a check-mark for using "inverse telecine", which I checked.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You should read the link that i posted. Download the file and play it. You cannot really tell without it. GPU Manufacturers have different approaches when it comes to deinterlacing.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal on ITX

you won't need to download it... the ION won't use vector adaptive (i know, NVIDIA is calling it different)... you can hope that it's just a driver thing, but I would guess, that ION is not strong enough...

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: AW: MediaPortal on ITX

you won't need to download it... the ION won't use vector adaptive (i know, NVIDIA is calling it different)... you can hope that it's just a driver thing, but I would guess, that ION is not strong enough...

I think it is called Spatial Temporal Deinterlacing.

On a side note, yes ION is not able to do the most advanced deinterlacing but i was curious to why, i wanted to see if it is a hardware limit or a weak programming issue so i downloaded GPU-Z which is btw a nice tool to have. It has a nice section where it can detect the load of the hardware video decoder. I was amazed when i saw that during a playback of 1080i my GPU was using only 40% of it's strengh, this is what makes me believe that it might get better, although by the time it will........ most of us wont be using this hardware anymore :)

elevation1

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2008
    Hi,
    my next htpc is:
    Case: Antec ISK-100
    Mobo: mini itx AsRock ION 330 SKT479 DDR3
    RAM: 2GB Kingston DDR3 1066
    HD: SSD Corsair F40 40gb da 2,5"

O.S. will be windows7 32 bit and front-end mediaportal... so my question is:
    with ssd+ ion + atom dual core mediaportal run very fast or not? i'm interesting to play only divx, xvid, mkv (720p and 1080p) NOT 720i and NOT 1080i
    There will be ok this htpc for my purpose? Sorry for my bad english ;)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Almost in every case you can say that an ssd is better than an hdd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom