MediaPortal on ITX (3 Viewers)

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hrrmm.. Yes, you're correct - it says MPC Video Decoder. I am not sure how to use Cyberlink HD decoder then :(

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
Pheww.. Well, hopefully this helped you somehow. Now i'm curious as to how to use Cyberlink filter for HD - will need to dig that up, or leave it alone since all of my media seems to play just fine.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You did help and thank you for that. Although there is no solution found yet, but i am working on it.

As for Cyberling decoder, if you are not watching HDTV and only watch SD TV then you dont need the H.264 codec from cyberlink. In case you want to try it then you should search for HDPack 2.2 google it.

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I do not watch TV in HD and not sure if I will any time soon. I watch only movies/tv shows in HD. But I will look into making sure that I can watch TV in HD. And for movies I set Cyberlink H.264 codec in MP.

Well, good luck to you with figuring out the issues and hopefully you will share your finds with the rest of us.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok and here is the solution although it is so stupid even i wonder how the F i found it.

If i open exactly the same file in a second instance of MPC-HC then the 2nd one is working perfect with DXVA and deinterlacing on. I can reproduce it easily each time.

It is definitely some kind of NVIDIA bug.

If ATI is trying to drive me crazy for 3 years now then NVIDIA achieved it in 3 days.

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow.. Well, it's good that you know what you doing here, since I would never think about starting a second instance...

Care to submit a bug report to nVidia (if they support that sort of feedback)? :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Sure i am on it right now.

Although i would love to see more people that own an ION to report with their results here too.

So i can submit a more complete bug report.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    vista and evr are having problems in using the codecs. vista and vmr9 are unstable.

so unfortunately, the tsreader won't be changed in near future. i am trying to get it somehow working, but I don't see any chance to get ts files played smooth enough on ION for the next months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom