Mediaportal problem starting TV after zango spyware (1 Viewer)

chrismalone

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Recently i updated my logitech mx-1000 software and it automatically installed zango web something something which made everything have low priority and stuff (basically screwing up the whole PC)..
i "removed" it with spybot, and deleted the policies i made that stopped acess from things,

but now Mediaportal refuses to find my card (I think).
i had used MP just before the spyware was on, and straight after it just wouldn't work.
it is an avermedia DVB-T 777 card, and using the avertv software that came with it works. windows mediaplayer and everything else in MP works fine. so it doesnt seem to be a directshow problem.

1. I've tried: changing to all other codecs (the ones i used were Cyberlink PDVD 7 video and audio codecs), and using different skins.
2. Uninstalling, then deleting the C:\program files\team mediaportal\ folder, removing all registration keys,
installing again and scanning in all channels again (which still works by the way).
3. Uninstalling directx 9 and installing again.
4. Uninstalling .Net framework 2.0 and installing again.
5. A few registry check programs to see if the spyware screwed up the registry.
6. Looking in Event Viewer for any logs that might have come up after it happens.
7. Reinstalling TV card drivers.

the directx 9 re-installation was a big change to the system which would seem like the problem..
but i'm pretty sure i remember only doing that after i got the problem.

when i start My TV it just comes up with a blank message with an OK button, and the tv and timeshifter checkboxes get turned off. checking one again makes the message come up again.
i'd be interested if anyone has something to debug mediaportal or something to find the problem.
the other problem is when i re-install and tune in again, it doesn't show that message, it doesn't put in the channels it found or anything and cant detect the card (i think thats what it said).

i'm about to try previous MP versions (currently using 2.0 RC4)

here is a screenshot of the problem when i start My TV:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I would say that the most information you can find will be in the Media Portal logs directory. If you can't see anything there, then post the MP an error logs here. For as clean a log as possible, restart MP and go straight to MyTv. Then look at the log.

chrismalone

Portal Member
    December 16, 2005
    i think atleast i've roughly found the problem (http://mp.pastebin.com/750725)
    i'm positive it's something in here:

1/06/2006 4:42:19 PM Unable to load the web browser plugin, verify that Mozilla ActiveX Control is installed
    1/06/2006 4:42:19 PM Unable to load the web browser plugin, verify that Mozilla ActiveX Control is installed
    1/06/2006 4:42:25 PM Command:MediaPortal.TV.Recording.ViewTvCommand failed
    1/06/2006 4:42:25 PM Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040273): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040273.
    at MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.AddVMR9(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.DVBGraphBase.StartViewing(TVChannel channel)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.TVCaptureDevice.StartViewing(String channelName)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.ViewTvCommand.Execute(CommandProcessor handler)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.CommandProcessor.ProcessCommands()
    1/06/2006 4:42:25 PM Exception :Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040273.
    1/06/2006 4:42:25 PM site :Boolean AddVMR9(DirectShowLib.IGraphBuilder)
    1/06/2006 4:42:25 PM source :Core
    1/06/2006 4:42:25 PM stacktrace: at MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.AddVMR9(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.DVBGraphBase.StartViewing(TVChannel channel)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.TVCaptureDevice.StartViewing(String channelName)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.ViewTvCommand.Execute(CommandProcessor handler)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.CommandProcessor.ProcessCommands()
    1/06/2006 4:42:25 PM Command:MediaPortal.TV.Recording.ViewTvCommand failed reason: time:46.875 msec

can anyone outline the 1 problem? this was a brand new install and deleted all log files before it.

would be great to fix it not only for me but anyone else how gets spyware on there pc with the popular logitech mouse software.
    the're now including spyware automaticlly (with auto-update when you start the program) which could mean lots of people getting the problem even after "getting rid of it" with spybot or something.

chrismalone

Portal Member
    December 16, 2005
    looking up the error code "80040273" has found 2 other mediaportal threads similar:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12409&sid=ddafd62f127fe56fd1ddc7708529626d
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ghlight=&sid=250f70682864910d1e1f1ee648a8e6c5

it seems these two are either random or happening todo with VMR9.
    the only conclusion i can see is that its todo with the way mediaportal externally uses VMR9 when a certain setting is applied to directshow.
    one person found it was fixed in a CVS build..
    in my situation it seems this spyware must have done something to the external directshow layer or something.

as i mentioned every other media player and the avertv app still works fine after the spyware got put on.

it also seems much todo with directx: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video/post308519.asp http://discuss.microsoft.com/SCRIPTS/WA-MSD.EXE?A2=ind0503b&L=directxdev&D=1&P=8174
    just wish i could pinpoint the problem and fix it..

Edit: anothing thing i've just tried: uninstalling (latest) nvidia drivers and installing the BETA drivers.. still didnt change anything..

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    try typing dxdiag into the run box (start/run).
    This is the windows built in diagnoswtic for Dx.

Don't get your hopes up though , this is a long shot but it can't hurt.

Also maybe check the troubleshooting options in windows display properties. Another long shot.

Hopefully someone else will be able topoint out more specific things to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom