Mediaportal Recording folder - missing from Recorded Programs list (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have noticed that there are loads of recorded programmes in my recording folder that do not show in mediaportal when I press the recorded TV button.

I cannot really work out if there is a pattern as to which ones are missing (i.e. they are not all of a certain date or channel etc.). I have tried seeing whether I can import them with Mediaportal Server configuration, but there is nothing to import.

Does anyone know why this happens and is there any way to get them back into the mediaportal recorded programmes listings?

One other thing that I have noticed is that there is quite a lot of inconsistencies in the recording folder. Some of the files are in folder names after channels, some are just in the main folder.

Also, most of the files (i.e. the .ts file itself) is accompanied with the same named file that appears just to give a few details about the programme - e.g. episode number, summary.

I even have a few files that have a picture file of the same name.

Bit confusing - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks v much.

Alex

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
I have just had a quick nose around the forum and I didn't realise that mediaportal creates two things when it makes a recording - the video file itself and then an .xml file that allows the mediaportal client to recognise it in list it in the recorded TV list.

It seems that my problem is that Mediportal is recording without making making the additional .xml files.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi

The .xml file contains meta data for the recording.

You can re-read the files in the recordings directory back into the database.

1) Log into your TV server (or single seat).
    2) Run the TV-Server Configuration agent.
    3) Click "Recordings" on the menu.
    4) In the Recordings menu, select DATABASE IMPORT tab (last tab).
    5) You should now be able to select files missing from database and then import.......

Hopefully, that should solve your missing entries problem.

Good luck - JCMP

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Pretty unlikely, saying that, manual recordings may show up with no info, maybe just channel name.

Are you certain there is nothing else running 3rd party that might have done this, what is the latest recording, does it ring any bells.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks for that.

I have had a further look at this and it does seem that there are loads of recordings that were made with no .xml file - seems to be an intermittent problem.

I have just done a complete re-install and everything seems to be ok so far (fingers crossed). I am pretty sure that I don't have any 3rd party software that would have caused this - is there anything in particular that think might be a problem?

Also, why are some of my recordings put into channel sub-folders whereas others are not? Is it only when I record a series do they go into such a folder?

Also, what are my options for the video files that I have lost the .xml file for?

I could, I suppose, just rename them and add them to my mptvseries folder (depending on the type of programme recorded). Is there, by any chance, a way of recreating a new .xml file to allow it to be picked up by mediaportal again as mentioned above by JimCat?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Also, why are some of my recordings put into channel sub-folders whereas others are not?

The only thing I can suggest is a manual recording setting, ie this channel weekly between 1900 and 2000, that would take the program name\details out of the recording.

Also, what are my options for the video files that I have lost the .xml file for?

Sadly this takes you to manually checking and renaming if series or movie.

derek fox

March 9, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have exactly the same problem only I know some of the recordings had the xml file there before.What could be deleting xml files?

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Derek,

Thankfully this problem cleared itself up and never happens anymore - it seemed to resolve when I updated to a newer version of Mediaportal. What are you currently using?

derek fox

March 9, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Version 1.3.0 RC, thanks for the reply, i'm not sure yet but I think it may be Ccleaner that is the problem

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    That is a really good point - I used to use CCleaner on my HTPC years ago.

I seem to remember that I was getting frustrated with losing my metadata all the time and did a complete install - i.e. reinstalled Windows, before using an updated version of MP.

I think that I forgot to reinstall CCleaner and agree that this could have been the culprit all along!

How did you reach the conclusion that it might be this program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom