MediaPortal resizes when screen turned off (1 Viewer)

stevehughes

Portal Member
March 30, 2010
I've got MP 1.1.2 running (both tv server and client) on a Win7 PC, using Intel built-in integrated graphics, connected to a 32" Samsung TV via HDMI. Res is 1920 x 1080. All drivers are latest.

MP is set to run full screen automatically.

The PC is always on. I'm new to MP and want to get it stable without worrying about standby/resume issues.

Each time I turn on the TV I notice that the Windows desktop fills the entire screen as usual but MP initially displays on approx the top left quarter of the screen (i.e. approx half height and half width). After a few seconds MP jumps out to full screen. It's perfectly repeatable - If I turn the TV off and then back on again the same thing happens every time.

Except for some times when MP locks up totally. I suspect the locking up is related to whatever is causing the weird display issue.

No other application on the PC does this. I used to run MCE on the machine and it didn't do it. Somehow MP is affected by the power-down of the screen.

Very strange. Can anyone advise what might cause this or where I should look ?

Thanks,
Steve

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    this is a known issue, check https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/operating-system-330/windows-7-half-fullscreen-71785/

Some have had success by turning off the tv, connecting using vnc and setting the resolution to the correct value then. There is already a bug logged in mantis to fix the code to recover from this (rather strange) windows 7 behaviour (win 7 changes resolution 2 twice when you turn your tv back on, once to 1024x720 and then to the correct one).

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Same issue here. Although something similar happens with W7MC on my system as well.

ATI Radeon HD 3470 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom