1.14.0 Mediaportal screen hangs when stopping video (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I'm running Mediaportal 1.13(with a patch from this thread: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4719 ). Now my girlfriend had a problem twice(I've also seen it myself:D) where mediaportal completely hangs, the video screen just stays but mediaportal doesn't interact anymore. This happens when stopping a video through the stop button on a remote. Normally mediaportal should just close the video and you should be able to navigate through the menu etc but now the video screen just hangs and stays forever. The only way to fix this is to kill the process through taskmanager and restart mediaportal.

When using crtl alt delete, it seems mediaportal isn't crashed, atleast windows is not reporting it is.

I'm not really sure what the problem is but maybe someone else here has the same problem. Or can help us based on the watchdog zip(created just after I killed a frozen mediaportal process, but pc was put in standby in between) I attached. I've not seen this problem on earlier versions of mediaportal.

I'm running a fully updated windows 10 installation, with Nvidia GTX 970 GPU, Intel I5 and Anysee tv tuners.

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you @Sebastiii I will give that a try.

I was just going to write the fix from the other thread doesn't work as my screen just hang when I quite watching tv.

Anyway, I've attached a new watchdog zip and will try the new fix, thank you.

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think the new fix fixes the issue, atleast I tried to stop a video for about 10 times and no freeze or something.

Not much to explain, I just watched tv to test another issue with mdapi and when I pressed stop on my remote(MCE via harmony) the video hanged and I had to terminate the process through taskmanager. But It seems after I installed your latest DLL it may have been fixed already.

I know about the minidisplay, the errors shows up for ages now but nothing is really wrong and the display works correct. I already discussed this once in the forum here and it seems more like a debug message which is logged as error.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for testing @killer8, and for the patch @Sebastiii. I've marked this thread as "bug". Sebastiii, I guess you will reopen the old JIRA issue and code review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom