[solved] MediaPortal should create recordings directory if it doesnt exist (1 Viewer)

Mike Amory

Portal Member
June 8, 2015
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

My recordings directory has always been Z:/Data/TV_Recordings where Z: is an external hard drive. When I bought a new drive I forgot to create the recordings directory and apparently all my recordings went to DEV NULL for couple of days. Why MediaPortal doesn't try to generate the recordings directory if it doesn't exist? I have MediaPortal version 1.11.0_Final single seat setup.

I previously used DVBViewer TERRATEC Edition and it always created the recordings directory if the directory didn't exist or if it was misspelled.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Mike Amory

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You're in the MP2 forum, you need to post it into the MP1 Forum, if you use MP 1.11.0

Does MP2 work differently then?
    I've never used MP1 for recording. Even though the TV engine (TVE3) is same between MP1 and MP2 the database and backend code is completely different.

OK. Thanks! I will install MP2 to my spare computer and see the differences between MP1 and MP2 myself. I checked the comparison table and I think it's time to upgrade anyway.

Mike Amory

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You can give it a try but recommendation is to use the latest weekly snapshot: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/development-snapshots.683/
    For your information, there will be a new release of MP2 in autumn with lot of improvements, new features and a new skin. In case the current version does not fulfil all your needs, the next release will do for sure.

Thank you for the link. Notice that in the main download page the latest development version is OLDER than stable version! So without your message I would have installed the stable spring release.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-download

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Notice that in the main download page the latest development version is OLDER than stable version!
    I don't think that this is accurate. The latest weekly is dated June 12 compared to April 7 for the most recent final.

Edit: Page updated.

Last edited:

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    upload_2016-8-11_20-52-58.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, that page. Your posting was not entirely clear. It appears that this section has not been updated for quite some time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom