[fixed] Mediaportal shows subtitles twice (1 Viewer)

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
Since the introduction of FFDShow subtitle support 3 days ago I have discovered that subtitles are shown twice at the same time on some files that uses Vobsub-subtitles (DVD-Rip idx-files).

- I have selected the MPC Subtitle-Engine within Mediaportal on my setup. I don't have subitles enabled in the ffdshow configuration.
- If FFShow is used as video decoder and a video is played that contains VobSub-subtitles Mediaportal turns on the subtitle-support within FFDShow so the MPC Subtitle-Engine and the FFDShow-Subtitle Engine is used at the same time!
- This can be seen easily if you resize the window like in the attached picture. The MPC engine changes the position of the subtitle, the FFDShow engine does not.

I also could reproduce this issue on a second test setup.

Attachments

• doubled_subtitles.jpg
    doubled_subtitles.jpg
    41.8 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for reporting, i will look into it.
    Can you upload a little sample to test ?
    Cheers,
    Seb.

Edit : Can you try this core.dll ? and i'm always ok for a sample if it didn't work :) Thanks.
    Edit : This dll should fix double list of external sub in context menu or selection but not on screen, i will working on it :)

Attachments

• Core_Sub_Twice.zip
      1 MB

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: Mediaportal shows subtitles twice

The dll does not work for me. Windows shows an error message and Mediaportal crashes.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Can you try this one ? based on lastest SVN r26933, normally it should solve the issue.
    Cheers,
    Seb.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    i would like to have this options,to be able to load 2 subtitles one on the top and one in the bottom as me and my wife we speaking different languages.with this bug i was able to do this :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, if you really want to have two subtitle like this bug produce (only with external sub), you have to enable subtitle (right click on ffdshow video icon and set subtitle and choose the right sub here too) but you can't manage it from MP. And to explode the function, you have to set MPC-HC as subtitle Engine in MP config.
    The above fix only put subtitle to OFF for FFDShow when other subengine is set like MPC-HC and DirectVobSub.
    Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom