[solved] Mediaportal Stops working (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi

I have been using MP without any major issues for many years but my install has just started behaving badly. I was running MP1 Ver 1.23 with no problems until yesterday when it just started crashing when watching videos. I restarted a couple of times last night and just left it on the home screen when I went to bed, but it crashed again over night with nothing playing. I upgraded to 1.24, upgraded TV Series, Moving Pictures and Trakt to the latest versions. I also updated video drivers, I am still on Win 7 as although the Win 10 compatibility checker says all good it keeps failing as well, but that has been the case for the last 5 years. I thought this had solved it as it ran flawlessly for a couple of hours but then crashed again with the dialog box saying Mediaportal had stopped working. I have attached the logs and look forward to the assistance of the gurus on the site. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mick

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_27_03_20__20_21.zip
    1.2 MB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Try disable AresPlugin in MPConfigurator, delete C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\AresLog.txt and check ... :)

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi AJS, disabled ARESbackup plugin in the MPConfigurator, but don't have Program Data directory but do have Program Files (X86) and in the Team MediaPortal directory there is no Log directory. Not sure if disabling will do the trick as it could take a couple of hours to see. Thanks for the quick response. Will let you know how I go. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom