Mediaportal stucks when switching hdmi input on tv (1 Viewer)

Idro

Portal Pro
February 13, 2015
Santa Marinella (Roma)
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello,

I'll try to explain my issue.
I have MePo on an htpc running windows 7 e and connected to my tv on hdmi1 input. MePo starts at windows startup and if the tv is yet switched on hdmi1 mediaportal works very fine.

But if I switch from hdmi1 to hdmi2 (where I connected the hdmi output of my NAS running an Ubuntu virtual machine) or from hdmi1 to digital tv tuner to see something else, leaving htpc machine running mediaportal, then when I switch again on hdmi1, mediaportal after some seconds stucks and I have to do ctrl+alt+del to end the process, return to windows and restart mediaportal again.

This behaviour did not happen before and for this I attached the logs: one before to reproduce the issue and second one after the issue happens.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_16_10_18__05_02.zip
    5.7 MB
  • MediaPortalLogs_16_10_18__05_07.zip
    96.7 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

Can you try the madVR build version (even if you are staying in EVR)?
    This build has some recent other build change that maybe will help you (at least that need testing) :p

[WiP] - madVR support in MP1 (the V489 version)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You maybe will need to disable that option too :)

upload_2018-10-16_6-26-32.png

upload_2018-10-16_6-26-19.png

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    But the madVR install package let me install mediaportal again?

Second: the options under madvr item have to stay unchecked or I have to check something?

I did not install v489 but kept the standard version in bundle with mediaportal 1.20, and checked madvr in place of evr ..... for now

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, you can do upgrade with official version after :)
    You can use madVR if you want on win7 but seems better to use it on Win8 and higher.

If you stick on EVR settings, nothing to worry for madVR but if you want to try madVR Video Renderer than the below option permit to tweak the product :p

Still, this madVR branch build has recent latest master code in it and then some change about fixing the issue and may be related to what you are getting right now, so you can give a try.
    This madVR build is quite the next MP 1.21 pre-release version you will get soon and should be stable at least on my side :p

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Maybe the issue is solved because that option was checked, now unchecked but I need to do some other tests.

About madVR I installed the branch, selected it in mepo configuration but when I started an mkv file with ac3 audio and video, it got me "impossible to reproduce the video" .... so I had to come back to evr option and then the video started with no problem.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep if you use madvr you need to install madvr from madshi. You look at the wiki for help :)

Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom