MediaPortal suddenly keeps crashing all the time (1 Viewer)

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

I have MP 1.5.0 installed, everything works perfectly fine for several months until last week.
The problem is, when I play a movie in MKV container, MP in many times just crashed. Sometimes it says MediaPortal stopped working, sometimes it says ffmpeg stops working, and other times it just show a black screen with only the sound. I tried the same LAVF setup in MPC-HC, and the movies are played fine there. I also tried to update Realtec and ATI drivers, which didn't help. I then studied the log file and find the error seems to be related to the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer\ffmpeg.exe. I then tried to disable auto thumb generation for videos, and it solves the problem.
What I'm curious is, I have not recently changed anything in my HTPC except that I enabled LAV filter for TS file (instead of the TSReader for TV). Is there anyway to fix this issue without reinstalling mediaportal?
Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
OK, the problem comes back again. This time when I play a movie, it says "Unable to play: filename, Video codec: AVC". The strange thing is, I got this error in fullscreen mode, and when press space+enter to change to windows mode, the movie plays fine. The problem seem to be different from the prev one, as MP this time didn't crash. Nothing special I can see in the log file either, I'm really pulling my hair out now :(

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
OK, I figured it out, it is a memory issue.
I have enlarge the virtual memory, and it should work for now. SOmewhere in my system there is a memory leak......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom